Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do .edu and .gov backlinks matter now?

Jason1

Loyal member
Website
www.webtalkz.in
Credits
This situation can be manipulated to give unfair rankings. However, I don't really know how they stand these days. Well, if somebody gets a backlink from some college student's average, not super-special, blog with an .edu link, then wouldn't that be spammy?

Advertisement Placeholder
I think they matter when it comes to a legal standpoint. When you use either, it is meant to stand as an official domain URL. I am not sure if you can use them without being registered someone at this point but I never actually looked into it enough to know for certain.

edu domain can be used only by educational institutions and gov domains can be used only by governments. It is really difficult to get backlinks from edu anmd gov domains unless you are directly associated with educational institutions and government agencies.

Absolutely, backlinks from.edu and.gov domains still count for SEO. These backlinks are crucial for SEO since they are seen as credible, dependable information sources. Furthermore,.gov and.edu websites generally have higher seo rankings
This situation can be manipulated to give unfair rankings. However, I don't really know how they stand these days. Well, if somebody gets a backlink from some college student's average, not super-special, blog with an .edu link, then wouldn't that be spammy?

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds