Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Different levels of members

Credits
I recall communities that would have a group for 500 posts, 1000 posts, 2000+ posts. I've also seen this as "level 1" level 2, 3... etc. I think it is somewhat cool to recognize users for being a long time member and while not all members are going to get premium memberships, it is cool to watch their growth in the community with a differing group. Perhaps they don't have any incentives other than the group, but what are your thoughts?

Advertisement Placeholder
I've joined a few forums that had membergroup levels. There's a Sonic forum I go on here and there that has different ranks for each group that is based on various different zones found throughout the Sonic series. Users who made it to a specific rank was granted access to a hidden forum too!

I've added a bunch of post number ranks where you get a new title for every so many posts to make it fun and challenging.

I also have a premium group for those who pay and a charter group for the first 10 active members on the forum.

I like the idea of opening up new features for those who have posted so much or been a member for so long.

I have the traditional "Ranks" which are based on post counts - plus a flair at various points. 1 to 10 stars plus a name, nothing special.

They are of real benefits other then inflating the user's ego, but people do naturally have respect for more experienced posters.

I don’t tend to use the ranking system, I’ve turned off the usertitle ranks on Storyturner. I’m focusing more on badges for recognition and soon to adding a virtual points system which will reward active members instead.

I use it and members seem to like it as with each rank, their username colour also changes so if you don't like a certain colour, you can aim for the next rank :p

Mine are at:

That's it for now as nobody (besides staff) are above 25,000. Might wait until people are over 30k and then maybe add 50,000 as the next one

I use it and members seem to like it as with each rank, their username colour also changes so if you don't like a certain colour, you can aim for the next rank :p

Mine are at:

That's it for now as nobody (besides staff) are above 25,000. Might wait until people are over 30k and then maybe add 50,000 as the next one

Wow, is that's post count? Mine are:

Screenshot 2023-07-13 at 22.20.33.png

And I'll be estatic if someone reaches 3000!

Mine are at:

Lol I love how you said it "If you don't like a color, you just aim for the next one" xD that is some motivation!

Wow, is that's post count? Mine are:

View attachment 1675

And I'll be estatic if someone reaches 3000!
It's often we set lower expectations especially at the beginning of the forum! Sometimes you reach the mark, and then have to add more and more ranks. You're off to a great start!

This always used to be something that was common in the early 2000s to the mid-2000s if I remember and then it started to phase out a little.

I still see some people using this on their forums and it is always nice to see. I would love to do it on my forum but when it comes to thinking of names for each one, my mind goes blank lol.

I've been slowly replacing my default forum icons and images with crisp SVG versions (as opposed to ancient, low-quality PNGs) and just sorted out my raking system. Since I was sorting it out anyway, I thought why not expand it to 31 ranks? Good luck posters!

ranks.png

I've been slowly replacing my default forum icons and images with crisp SVG versions (as opposed to ancient, low-quality PNGs) and just sorted out my raking system. Since I was sorting it out anyway, I thought why not expand it to 31 ranks? Good luck posters!

View attachment 1832
This is great and definitely gives members something to work towards for sure when they are using your forum and contributing :)

I would love to be able to have more levels myself on my forum but I am useless when it comes to thinking of names for the different levels :ROFLMAO:

This is great and definitely gives members something to work towards for sure when they are using your forum and contributing :)

I would love to be able to have more levels myself on my forum but I am useless when it comes to thinking of names for the different levels :ROFLMAO:
I gave up trying to name them (not that I could possibly think up 31 different ranks) so I just went with the Level X of 31 :ROFLMAO:

I gave up trying to name them (not that I could possibly think up 31 different ranks) so I just went with the Level X of 31 :ROFLMAO:
That sure does make things so much simpler! :ROFLMAO: I tend to like going with something that works with the niche of the forum but after a while, you tend to hit a mental block and only get so far LOL

I recall communities that would have a group for 500 posts, 1000 posts, 2000+ posts. I've also seen this as "level 1" level 2, 3... etc. I think it is somewhat cool to recognize users for being a long time member and while not all members are going to get premium memberships, it is cool to watch their growth in the community with a differing group. Perhaps they don't have any incentives other than the group, but what are your thoughts?
I remember seeing something like that probably at Atrium? It's pretty cool and a good idea to have in a forum. It also somehow motivates the members whenever they win an entry to a new club due to the efforts they put in being an active member of the community.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds