Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Did you work online to be your own boss?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
When you started working online, was it because you wanted to be your own boss? In control of your own work, not having to deal with a boss and sometimes not having to deal with co-workers or employees of your own. I chose to work online for a similar reason, mine was more because I hate working in person, and prefer to work in the comfort of my own home.

When you started out, was it a way to be your own boss? Or was it just because you felt you could offer more doing online work?

Advertisement Placeholder
I regret working online, even the times I made money, cause it discouraged me from working in the public and you have to suffer thru that to get ahead in life. Anyway, I fell into a delusion that I my success would continue, but SEO got a lot rougher, so I just ended up totally depending on government aid, as I did before. Well, actually, I can think of ways to correct what went wrong then, but it's debatable as to whether I should made more an effort to work in public.

Note: no offense to people who work online for a living. This is just my personal thing that applies to me.

I started to be my own boss, because then I felt a very strong degradation at work and I wanted to do things only for myself. I realized that when no one orders you, it is very difficult to force yourself to work when you are sitting in a warm house and do not have to go anywhere

I did not work online to become my own boss. I started working online because I was looking to earn extra. I started working full time online when I started making more money online compared to offline. Actually, you do not become your own boss by working online, you will still have employers who will always dictate you even when you work online.

I did not work online to become my own boss. I started working online because I was looking to earn extra. I started working full time online when I started making more money online compared to offline. Actually, you do not become your own boss by working online, you will still have employers who will always dictate you even when you work online.
But this is not always the case, because those who work as freelancers have a boss and this is their client, but they are not told when to work and their only task is to complete the work, and for this they will receive payment and take all the funds for themselves and will not share with the boss

It is worth to mention that many individuals decide to choose to work online to have freedom and the flexibility of being their own boss . In my honest opinion, working online as offered me unique opportunities for autonomy and it also gave me a chance is for self-management that the traditional employment may not provide.

It is worth to mention that many individuals decide to choose to work online to have freedom and the flexibility of being their own boss . In my honest opinion, working online as offered me unique opportunities for autonomy and it also gave me a chance is for self-management that the traditional employment may not provide.
Many do it for that, others do it to maximize their earnings since offline jobs are not enough to make ends meet or they simply want to increase their income.

I knew when I started online that I wanted to be my own boss and bossy. And now at the moment so it is 🙂 I do not have my own boss and I am my own boss of course I have my own rules📃 on work that I can not break my own rules but most importantly it is freedom 🏃 and you are not dependent on the instructions of your bosses. Unlike Freelancers whose boss is considered Customer🧑‍💻 (The person who gives the task on the freelance exchange) that is Freelancers have a boss which is sad. 😣

i would like to be one time to be honest. Starting an online venture offers autonomy. While browsing, I stumbled upon personal creations reviews. It resonated with me. Working online offers freedom and flexibility. It's about finding your niche and seizing opportunities.

Last edited:
When I started, that was indeed my primary reason. I was 18 years old and was suffering from scars from 10 years of my harsh father ordering me about and I assumed that all my future employers would be like that. I was projecting, wanting to avoid more abuse in any way possible.

Part of the reason that I'm still in the space is that I am still suffering from the choices that past me made, pouring all of my education and experience into this space. Now I earn more money online because I trained myself to be good here, and my grass is greener on the virtual side of the fence.

The other part of the reason is that I want to be a writer, that is what is most satisfying to me, and in order to do that, you have to deal with the Internet. I'm okay with writing for bosses these days - in fact that is preferable to having to do all of the web design myself, which I find miserable - as long as they pay me well enough. And most writing bosses are making content for the internet these days, which is still online. Past me was pretty smart in that respect.

However, I still have a bunch of web design projects that I need to finish anyway, because, you know, past me. Also I'm worried that the bosses will not pay me enough to advance my life and do the things that I want to do, in which case I will have to start my own business and outcompete them. It's not so much about avoiding a boss or bosses and control for me these days as much as it is about getting more money.

But this is not always the case, because those who work as freelancers have a boss and this is their client, but they are not told when to work and their only task is to complete the work, and for this they will receive payment and take all the funds for themselves and will not share with the boss
You still have to follow their orders and you sometimes have to revise or Redo the task. Of you have worked on upwork or fiverr, I think you will understand what I mean

I work online, but i still have a boss. Can't say that i am absolutely happy with the job, so definitely open for some new perspectives. These days i am trying to write my personal statement, with the little help from these guys https://academized.com/write-my-personal-statement and later on will advertise myself on some freelance platforms and job portals.

Last edited:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds