Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Did you find it easy to decide on a name?

Website
www.revillution.net
Credits
When it comes to creating a new website, forum or blog we all have to go through the process of choosing a name that will work for the niche of our site but will also be something that people will remember and that we can get as a domain name. I myself when I had my general chat forum sat for so long trying to think of a name for my site that I could grab for a domain name and also that would be remembered as well. Eventually I came up with Chat Addicts and it worked.

Did you find it easy to decide on a name for your site or did it take a while? What is the name of your site?

Advertisement Placeholder
When it comes to creating a new website, forum or blog we all have to go through the process of choosing a name that will work for the niche of our site but will also be something that people will remember and that we can get as a domain name. I myself when I had my general chat forum sat for so long trying to think of a name for my site that I could grab for a domain name and also that would be remembered as well. Eventually I came up with Chat Addicts and it worked.

Did you find it easy to decide on a name for your site or did it take a while? What is the name of your site?
I came up with OhYesYouCan.club because so many people in Forums posted you can't make money online without spending your own. I have been doing it for years and make a lot more since I quit spending what I did manage to make on crap that doesn't work.

I spend quite a bit of time thinking of the name. I start with the idea of the forum, sometimes even get the layout kind of laid and written out. I think to myself what is my full vision for the community. Then I think of ideas - now if the name is taken it breaks my heart lol... sometimes there is a work around. I wanted Atrium.com for Atrium, but it was taken, but decided to still go with the name Atrium and just added Forum to the URL.

Mine was a real "original" process. Was back when I first got into astrophotography and was talking to some friends when I mentioned the new hobby and if they thought guns were expensive they needed to price decent telescopes and equipment... during the course of the conversation one of the guys said looked at me (he was a few cans in) and said "Astro what?". Since I like playing with sites, and frequently spin one up based upon my hobby the light bulb went off and the site name was born.

It didn't take me too long to come up with a name for my communities throughout the years. My current ones came to me pretty quickly. I was wanting to go with Thezone, but all the TLD were taken so I went with what I thought was the next best thing which is TheeZone. Gex Forums is pretty straight forward, it's a forum dedicated to the Gex series of video games. Bluehedgehog is perfect for a Sonic the Hedgehog related site, since he's a blue hedgehog. I was more surprised that Sega didn't have the domain name bluehedgehog.net taken. I suppose they don't really need the domain name though. This is usually how my process goes, I look for the domain name while coming up with names and if the TLD isn't taken, I go with the name.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds