Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Did you ever go after someone who stole from you?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Has anyone stole from you before? Did you ever go after that person to get what they stole back or the money it was worth? I thankfully haven't dealt with thieves before, but I like to think I'm prepared if someone steals from me. Anyway, if someone stole from you, did you ever go after them? Maybe get them arrested? Get them to pay you back?

Advertisement Placeholder
Well, people have stolen from me multiple times but I have gone after them only on a few occasions. Unless the stolen amount is very big and it is going to cost me dearly, I do not like to spend my resources to catch these people and even make more losses.

There was once a time where I give somebody $10 and he was feeling very reluctant. This was a big amount of money for years ago and I had no option but to go to his house and demanded the money physically. I felt very bad for it but then I also needed it and give him much time.

Has anyone stole from you before? Did you ever go after that person to get what they stole back or the money it was worth? I thankfully haven't dealt with thieves before, but I like to think I'm prepared if someone steals from me. Anyway, if someone stole from you, did you ever go after them? Maybe get them arrested? Get them to pay you back?

Currently no one have ever stolen from me to warrant me by following the person legally in order for me to get what was stolen and I hope that it's something that I will not have to live through because I know how frustrating it is going to be going to court all the time before you can be able to get justice.

Currently no one have ever stolen from me to warrant me by following the person legally in order for me to get what was stolen and I hope that it's something that I will not have to live through because I know how frustrating it is going to be going to court all the time before you can be able to get justice.
If you have never been in this type of situation then you should pray that you are not going to encounter stubborn people. There are some people who will borrow large sums of money from you and have absolutely no intention to pay back whatsoever.

I caught someone taking a package off of my front porch once. I didn't bother chasing them. I reported the issue to the seller and they replaced my items. I then installed a camera and a gate. Haven't had a problem since.

Only with my bank card. I ordered a Twilight notebook for my niece from this shady-looking website probably being run by teenagers (big mistake). We did get the notebook, but then after a few months I noticed someone was charging my credit card for $2.00 every now and then for some kind of stupid Apple iTunes and I knew it wasn't me. I don't even know what iTunes are.
So I notified my bank and they cancelled/removed all of those transactions and I ended up getting a new card.
I always wonder, when the bank does this... do the card number thieves get caught?

Only with my bank card. I ordered a Twilight notebook for my niece from this shady-looking website probably being run by teenagers (big mistake). We did get the notebook, but then after a few months I noticed someone was charging my credit card for $2.00 every now and then for some kind of stupid Apple iTunes and I knew it wasn't me. I don't even know what iTunes are.
So I notified my bank and they cancelled/removed all of those transactions and I ended up getting a new card.
I always wonder, when the bank does this... do the card number thieves get caught?
Yikes, sorry to hear that. This is one reason I never buy from an unknown or unestablished site. I'm always cautious where I buy anything. If it's on a site I never heard of or it loos suspicious, I will look up the product on sites like Amazon, Walmart, etc to see if there's an item just like it on those sites. Oftentimes you're buying some product already available at major retailers. So if it's a site you never saw before, I'd research before buying.

As for the people who were using your card, they probably won't be caught. But, the good news is, they can't use that card info anymore. And if they do try to use it, they might get flagged. But I think that would only be if they had access to the card itself, and used it at a store or something like that. In which case, it might flag the cashier and then he/she would need to phone up police.

This is a really bad thing. I think that the legal departments and authority should be swift enough in order to deal with such kind of people. There should be a proper system of chasing such kind of people. Unfortunately, such kind of system never exist in many countries. They may need to focus on this problem in order to prevent scams.

If you have never been in this type of situation then you should pray that you are not going to encounter stubborn people. There are some people who will borrow large sums of money from you and have absolutely no intention to pay back whatsoever.

Yeah, I understand exactly what you're trying to say and that's the reason why I don't lend money to anyone easily. I would rather gift the person money. It's going to be an amount that I won't feel bad about especially when I'm not expecting for it to be paid back.

Well, it is in two ways.
Firstly, i wouldn't loan or borrow you money that you won't pay me back, i will rather dash or just forget about it.
Secondly, one of the silly thing most people that steal does is that they do not ask from people. Rather than stealing you could get yourself work to feed yourself and your family too

Well, it is in two ways.
Firstly, i wouldn't loan or borrow you money that you won't pay me back, i will rather dash or just forget about it.

This is the best way to avoid getting into any bad relationship with anyone because of your own money. Most people don't have the same attitude when it's time for them to pay back the money you lend them in peace. This is why it's better to never lend friends money but gift them what you can afford to overlook.

My family just recently dealt with a police case like this. Someone stole from us despite being nothing but nice to them. In the end, we found out and involved the police. They surely paid for their crimes and we got a restraining order for them never to come close to us again.

My family just recently dealt with a police case like this. Someone stole from us despite being nothing but nice to them. In the end, we found out and involved the police. They surely paid for their crimes and we got a restraining order for them never to come close to us again.

It gets shocking when after you have done so much for someone and expect them to be good to you as well in appreciation for what you have done for them but they would just turn and do the opposite. This is why some people find it very difficult to help others because they end up being hurt in the end.

It gets shocking when after you have done so much for someone and expect them to be good to you as well in appreciation for what you have done for them but they would just turn and do the opposite. This is why some people find it very difficult to help others because they end up being hurt in the end.
This has now made me very wary of people. I used to ask myself why someone would just want to cheat others. Then I realized that it had nothing to do with me but everything to do with their evil and selfishness.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds