Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Dealing with negative non-constructive feedback

Website
agoraforo.com
Credits
As a blogger or forum owner, you know that not everyone will agree with everything you say or do. Negative comments are a part of the game, and while they can be frustrating or hurtful, they don't have to bring you down. In fact, they can be an opportunity to learn and grow as a content creator, and to engage with your audience in a meaningful way.

In this thread, let's share our tips and best practices for dealing with negative comments on our blogs or forums. How do you handle negative comments when you first read them? Do you respond immediately, or take some time to cool off? What's your approach to responding to negative comments? Do you try to empathize with the person's perspective, or do you defend your own position? Have you ever changed your mind or adjusted your approach based on negative feedback? How did you communicate that to your community?

Let's have a constructive discussion about how to handle negative comments on our blogs or forums. We all want to create a welcoming and inclusive environment for our communities and dealing with negativity is a key part of that. So, what's your strategy?

Advertisement Placeholder
I think I would take negative feedback just like any other feedback, with a chance to improve. If someone says something like "this theme sucks", I would probably have a vote from the userbase to see what they think about the theme to see how we can improve it or if we just need to use a new one overall. Certain comments might make me upset as much work as I put into something that is negatively commented on, but I would try my best to not let that get in the way and use it as a way to improve. If people are going for genuine negative feedback then that can be used as a room for changes, but if people are just trolling negative feedback that is a whole different story.

Well, i think there's more to this than what's apparent.

Negative, non-constructive "feedback"—regardless whether expressed by an individual or a group—is simply cloaked abuse—and is indicative of underdevelopment and/or dysfunction—and/or collective psychosis.

There are many potential options for addressing such "feedback", like simply ignoring it, or becoming trigged out & reacting poorly, or acquiescence/tolerance, etc.

These options all fail to resolve anything beyond the immediate at best.

We ought to recognize negativity and non-constructivity for what it is and without illogically rationalizing excuses for (naively) justifying tolerance in response to passive aggressive/or overt abuse.

Even if such is expressed as a group, just as is commonly demonstrated by the various rampant ideological cults in cahoots with corporate governments proclaiming (pseudo-)"ethical" responsibilities of which are premised upon the fallacy of popularity, so to would be the implied premise in this context for negative, non-constructive "feedback" by groups thusly failing basic logic and does not equate justification with any amount of rhetorical trickery,...it is just plain old abuse.

Furthermore, it is absurd to equate constructive feedback with that of anything negative or non-constructive simply by the grammatical association of the term 'feedback'.
The former serves to benefit all involved, while the latter serves to benefit the abuser at the expense of everyone else and therefore ought never be tolerated.

Nonetheless i propose either responding with full-blown positivity & humour by focusing on an attribute within the expression of negative, non-constructive "feedback", perhaps the fact (if an individual) that it is merely a subjective opinion, or (if a group) seize upon the fundamental logical error/fallacies and ragdoll that mofo.

Make no mistake, regardless whichever recourse is adopted,... negative types will attack–attack–attack, they will attack if you show weakness, they will attack if failing to respond overwhelmingly, they may disengage temporarily or lose interest—yet they will attack again at the next opportunity.

A strategy i often employ on Telegram, Bitchute, YT, various discussion boards, and irl,... whenever engaged by hostiles,...is to mercilessly hybrid-"countertroll" with logic and humour—and when they try to disengage—i run them down.

It may seem like overkill but it's necessary for proving reality to individuals who do everything possible to avoid reality.
They never self rectify voluntarily, therefore the harm they themselves impose upon others must be grabbed by the balls and swiftly revisited upon them.

Guess it comes down to a choice between moral uprightedness for the greater good of all or moral bankruptcy for the transient material gain when choosing to falsely-acknowledge illegitimacy as if to be legitimate.

I would address exactly why they don't like my site, feedback is a good thing because it helps you grow. Even if the person just says "Your site is ugly" or "I hate your site!" If they say the latter, I would ask them "Why do you hate my site?" to see if I can get more feedback on what exactly they don't like about my site.

Not all "negative" feedback is actually that. If it is constructive, it can be beneficial. You have to step back and realize that your vision is not necessarily the publics vision.... and when it comes to the actual nut-cutting, your vision is not what is "paying the bills" but what your users want is.

For those that want to bitch simply to bitch... my normal reply is, as it is in real life, to "go pound sand".

I'd like to add that it's impossible to please every member of your forum. 10% of your forum may think your theme is ugly, while 90% think it's beautiful. Negative feedback can sometimes make us feel like we're doing it all wrong and we may exaggerate and make swift choices for change that may not even be necessary. This is why feedback from your community can be important, polls can do wonders for general opinions. Constructive discussions by those that actually care about the forum are those you want to listen to.

As far as I'm concerned, all feedback are very important. Our individual differences will always influence and impact on how we see things which would make us gave different opinions on the same thing with other people.

After accessing and evaluating the negative feedback, if it's something that needs to be addressed, I will look into it but if it's not, I will thank the user for their feedback.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds