Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Customers who only want to deal with the boss?

Credits
I usually feel embarrassed whenever we get customers who will bluntly refuse to be attended to by any of the company's sales representatives but only the boss or manager. This is something we see every day in business set up where customers walk in to buy some of the things they need. If the boss or manager isn't on seat, the customer will refuse to buy.

How do you deal with such kind of characters?

Advertisement Placeholder
I usually feel embarrassed whenever we get customers who will bluntly refuse to be attended to by any of the company's sales representatives but only the boss or manager. This is something we see every day in business set up where customers walk in to buy some of the things they need. If the boss or manager isn't on seat, the customer will refuse to buy.

How do you deal with such kind of characters?

In many restaurants, many annoyed customers usually speak to managers only. This happens when things get out of control. This also happens in many customer service departments as well. In such kind of cases, many lower-level employees may deal with the customer and assure them of offering the best customer service.

You're going to get those type of customers who don't want to have anything to do with the lower management. They want to take their concerns right to the higher ups or the boss man/woman themselves. It's like when people ask to speak to your manager. I can't stand that.

You're going to get those type of customers who don't want to have anything to do with the lower management. They want to take their concerns right to the higher ups or the boss man/woman themselves. It's like when people ask to speak to your manager. I can't stand that.

Seriously I always feel very embarrassed and belittled whenever a customer behave in this manner because it means that they don't even think that you have anything to offer in terms of being able to render a service that will solve whatever needs they have for coming to the business premises.

I encountered these sorts of people while working as a sales manager in a store. These people only wanted to deal with the boss. It turned out that they knew the boss personally and wanted to talk to the boss so that they can buy products on credit. I did not sell on credit, therefore, they were asking for the boss.

Seriously I always feel very embarrassed and belittled whenever a customer behave in this manner because it means that they don't even think that you have anything to offer in terms of being able to render a service that will solve whatever needs they have for coming to the business premises.

A person can definitely feel this way. When a customer refuses to talk to you and if they want to directly talk to the manager, then this may indicate that they are not considering you worthy enough. However, in case if the manager is absent in the workplace, then you can tell the customer that you are, indeed, capable of handling the problem. Communication is quite effective in such kind of scenarios.

A customer once came to my working place and requested some items I responded back by giving the client information he or she needed, only for the customer to tell me he wanted to talk to my boss I felt somehow because it was making me look incapable but I still obliged and I connected the client to my boss but by the time my boss called the price of the same item which I called for the clients it was higher, the client ended up looking at me in surprise and I said it's business we could have sold it to you at the price I called but since you want to see someone else above me that is the final price, take-it-or-leave-it.

A customer once came to my working place and requested some items I responded back by giving the client information he or she needed, only for the customer to tell me he wanted to talk to my boss I felt somehow because it was making me look incapable but I still obliged and I connected the client to my boss but by the time my boss called the price of the same item which I called for the clients it was higher, the client ended up looking at me in surprise and I said it's business we could have sold it to you at the price I called but since you want to see someone else above me that is the final price, take-it-or-leave-it.

Well, there is a huge caveat here. For example, a customer may come o your work place. However, they may need to speak to the manager directly or other relevant person in the business. This is because they may already know that that you may not be the relevant person who could solve the problem. This is why they may want to speak to a member of the technical team in the business.

I myself have not heard to deal with a customer who is like this but I have seen people who have had to deal with these kinds of customers.

If I have an issue with any company or business, I always tend to speak to the staff that are available at the time and I will see if they can help me out, if they can not then I will ask to speak to someone higher up but I always give them a chance to help me first.

I can only imagine how it must make any employer feel when someone wants to go right past them and instead speak to their boss.

Well, it's not actually my business who a customer wants to meet as it's actually a part of serving them. They might have their own reasons wanting to meet with the boss directly and all you have to do is call the boss to take instructions on what to do next.

I don't care about having such a customer as long as we don't get paid based on sales record in the company where I work.

The customers is making my work lesser and easier by declining my attending him/her. I would gladly refer him to my boss and walk away.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds