Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Custom PHP?

Dilip

Reputable member
Credits
I have a project where I like to update the original post with small ( say one paragraph ) text content occasionally . I thought using forum software would be a good choice. But I am thinking of it more like a blog but with small updates that do not qualify as new blog posts.

How good will it be if I create each post in PHP as a page and update it manually for every new addition? I am not sure what if it grows big. Will it be a mess to manage everything?

PS: I will not be using a database at all.

Your suggestions are welcome.

Advertisement Placeholder
HTML would be nice. But styling will be hard. Also, I will have to add Bootstrap in every page I make.

I am trying to create a blog -ish project, but instead of new posts, I get to update the original one.

I am using WordPress now. Trying to find a lighter solution. The main factor is that I do not have a few paragraphs in each update. So I will not be able to make a new blog post where readers can have enough. But if I update an old post, no one will know that there is an update.

Say I am talking about a news and there is a one-line development about it, my chances of updating it so that readers can notice is very less in WordPress. Unless I create a new blog post.

HTML would be nice. But styling will be hard. Also, I will have to add Bootstrap in every page I make.
If you get skills with Bootstrap then it’s easier to stylish the page, but why you want to introduce PHP in this simple project ?

Or maybe this project is also a sandbox ? 😊

PHP because I will be able to keep a header.php and footer.php among others. So that I will not have to add the code again and again.

I know Bootstrap, not great, but I will survive :)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds