Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

CTE in sports, are you worried about it?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
For those who don't know CTE is a serious head disease or issue where someone has severe prolonged damaged due to abuse during sports. American football players are often known to have CTE after death. Pro wrestlers for example have been said to have many cases of CTE, like wrestler Chris Benoit who is said to have had the brain of an 80+ year old man and he was only in his late 30s when he decided to kill his family and then himself.

And now there are sports like slap fighting, where people take unprotected shots to the head multiple times a match. CTE is going to be a problem for many years to come.

Advertisement Placeholder
Any sports where you are exposed to being punched in the face constantly is always going to have you exposed to suffering this kind of disease when it gets too much. I know professional boxers are always going to be exposed to this kind of health challenge and also those who are into UFC and MMA will always suffer from this.

Ps. Chris Benoit used to be one of my favorite WWE wrestlers. It was sad how he ended his life. I think drugs also played a bit part in what happened with him.

For those who don't know CTE is a serious head disease or issue where someone has severe prolonged damaged due to abuse during sports. American football players are often known to have CTE after death. Pro wrestlers for example have been said to have many cases of CTE, like wrestler Chris Benoit who is said to have had the brain of an 80+ year old man and he was only in his late 30s when he decided to kill his family and then himself.

And now there are sports like slap fighting, where people take unprotected shots to the head multiple times a match. CTE is going to be a problem for many years to come.
Sports organizers and bodies should make more rules which will protect and prevent athletes from suffering head injuries. They do it in football where immediately there's clash of heads, the match will be stopped to allow medical team to check on the players. Other sports should do something similar.

Sports organizers and bodies should make more rules which will protect and prevent athletes from suffering head injuries. They do it in football where immediately there's clash of heads, the match will be stopped to allow medical team to check on the players. Other sports should do something similar.

I have seen sports organizers and bodies do something similar like these in boxing and MMA (UFC). There are several matches that have been stopped and cancelled as a no contest as a result of eye poking. These are the rules we are talking about because imagine going blind for a nasty eye poke when you're boxing.

I have seen sports organizers and bodies do something similar like these in boxing and MMA (UFC). There are several matches that have been stopped and cancelled as a no contest as a result of eye poking. These are the rules we are talking about because imagine going blind for a nasty eye poke when you're boxing.
I'm not sure of any recent boxing fight which was ended as a result of eye injury inflicted by one boxer but in UFC Fight Night 187, Leon Edwards vs Belal Muhammad match was cancelled as a result of eye poking to be ruled a no contest.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds