Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Content on Release

Advertisement Placeholder
It depends on how many sections you're planning on having aswell as your forum niche. I guess around 10-15 should be good for the main sections but try and fill them up as much as you can and keep adding new topics each day. :)

Honestly, you could start with 0-1 in each forum as long as you add content/topics every day and have contests/awards to entice members to signup and post on a regular basis. New forums don't scare people away; often it actually entices visitors to signup to begin growth WITH the forum. Past activity isn't nearly as important to a new register as current activity and future expectations are. Sadly though, future growth is often forecast by looking at past data.

How many topics minimum, should a forum launch with?

I'm aiming towards at least 15-30 topics in each section for the new forum I'm creating, is that a good amount?
That's perfect mate. You should then try and get a team of people to reply several times to each topic, and then give you some topics in addition to the ones you create. This should give you some great starting content.
Honestly, you could start with 0-1 in each forum as long as you add content/topics every day and have contests/awards to entice members to signup and post on a regular basis. New forums don't scare people away; often it actually entices visitors to signup to begin growth WITH the forum. Past activity isn't nearly as important to a new register as current activity and future expectations are. Sadly though, future growth is often forecast by looking at past data.
That's actually not how I see it. If you start with 15-30, then the available content for users to post in entices them more. I can speak from experience. My current forum was about 1,000 posts strong when we opened the doors, and the users loved it. Then, I've opened forums with 10 posts as starting content, only to see it fail miserably. Good planning will take you far ;)

That's perfect mate. You should then try and get a team of people to reply several times to each topic, and then give you some topics in addition to the ones you create. This should give you some great starting content.

That's actually not how I see it. If you start with 15-30, then the available content for users to post in entices them more. I can speak from experience. My current forum was about 1,000 posts strong when we opened the doors, and the users loved it. Then, I've opened forums with 10 posts as starting content, only to see it fail miserably. Good planning will take you far ;)
Oh I was in no way disagreeing that opening with existing topics/content would condone and promote activity. I was just simply stating that a forum is generally easy to start, in my opinion, and it is not necessary to have such gratuitous amounts of content prior to launch. But of course, the more the better, I do second that.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds