Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Competitor Activity

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
Do you monitor your competitors activity? Do you look at what they're doing and try to see how you can improve your own site?

I got my inspiration from a competing site and I always knew I was at the bottom of the pile trying to compete with it. But who knows, if I stuck with it I may have caught up.

Advertisement Placeholder
i consider the ex member who set up a site on the QT then poached all my members when i tried to move the forum to be a competitor - and i intend to beat him on the come back

yes i monitor the site as a guest - i would not join as not all the stories about his dodginess with personal details are exaggerated lies. also because i know the members and their personalities i have a very good idea of what is going on - and right now the indications are that the honeymoon period where everyone behaves nicely cause it is a new forum is coming to an end - i have been there and lived through it and know the signs.

on april the 1st i will rejoin the battle older, tougher, and with new tools and skills thanks in large part to this forum. this time i wont be a total walkover nice guy - and i am going to be more worried about getting new members than pleasing the old ones

I think it's personally a good idea to keep track of competitors. and to set your goals via them

i consider the ex member who set up a site on the QT then poached all my members when i tried to move the forum to be a competitor - and i intend to beat him on the come back

yes i monitor the site as a guest - i would not join as not all the stories about his dodginess with personal details are exaggerated lies. also because i know the members and their personalities i have a very good idea of what is going on - and right now the indications are that the honeymoon period where everyone behaves nicely cause it is a new forum is coming to an end - i have been there and lived through it and know the signs.

on april the 1st i will rejoin the battle older, tougher, and with new tools and skills thanks in large part to this forum. this time i wont be a total walkover nice guy - and i am going to be more worried about getting new members than pleasing the old ones

Will be interesting to see what happens here.. Forum battles often get ugly :)

I don't really measure it. I do the best I can do and hope that I help others.Which is the reason why I started my forum.

Sounds good :) It feels nice to help others! Although I don't think I apply of the philosophy of not measuring yourself- but that's me personally, setting goals is my motivation.

yeah, I think alike too.
I mean setting goals will keep me motivating until that goal is reached.
Only one thing to remember though, one step at a time!

There's a mix of things you can monitor, and one of them is competitor activity. You can definitely be motivated by what other people are doing, but I wouldn't rely on what only your competitor does.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 3)

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds