Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Children Members, Staff, and Forum Owners

Shawn Gossman1

Legendary member
Administrator
Website
www.shawngossman.com
Credits
I'm not sure if this is still the case with social media being the big thing for the younger audience nowadays.

But in the past, I used to see a lot of forums ran by children. I'm talking people under the age of 18.

I've seen a lot of staff members who are children and regular members under the age of 18.

You can be at minimum 13 to join this forum. But I would never accept anyone as staff if they're under 18.

Would you? How do you feel about this topic?

Advertisement Placeholder
Seeing as I grew up with forums, most of my time was spend on forums when I was 13-25 years, so for a long time I had a lot of friends, managed a lot of forums, had a lot of staff with people of my age, in many cases below 18. Would I have staff under 18 now that I'm 30+? It really depends on their maturity.
I started out making forums when I was 13. I was a kid doing it to.

I don't the maturity of members. I just know what some circumstances for moderation can get the site in trouble if a minor sees specific content.

The liability aspects is what would stop me from accepting a staff member under adult legal age.

I'm sure many of the underage forum members are very mature and respectful.

I started visiting forums when I was 12 and was an administrator from 13, I wouldn't advise it though. For a forum to move forward, you need a level head and experience. That's not a slight at younger people but emotions can sometimes take over at a younger age.

While I have nothing against it, normal practice would be grownup only. Children, especially teenagers can act strangely without notice.

There is nothing to blame, we know how teen age is. It is expected to be turbulent and emotional.

While I have nothing against it, normal practice would be grownup only. Children, especially teenagers can act strangely without notice.

There is nothing to blame, we know how teen age is. It is expected to be turbulent and emotional.
When I was a teenager, I took things the wrong way a lot when they weren't being said that way.

Immaturity (biological immaturity that is) will do that to you.

So, I agree in that sense.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds