Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

captcha protection you like most?

Advertisement Placeholder
I hate every single one of them XD not liking it anywhere but as it prevents spam I suppose its good :)

I really find recaptcha annoying. It's like it makes an extra effort to make sure you don't actually get to read what you're reading.

I like the one that TinyPic is currently using though, SolveMedia. It's easy to read, and it won't always be just typing words. Sometimes they ask questions, ask you to click a specific part in a picture, or describe an image. TinyPic used to have recaptcha, but moved on to this one.

I really find recaptcha annoying. It's like it makes an extra effort to make sure you don't actually get to read what you're reading.

I like the one that TinyPic is currently using though, SolveMedia. It's easy to read, and it won't always be just typing words. Sometimes they ask questions, ask you to click a specific part in a picture, or describe an image. TinyPic used to have recaptcha, but moved on to this one.

Googling Solve Media takes me to some advertising company. Do you have a link for this?

I think a question that is related to your site is a better spam preventer but then you have cross language issues if your site is international. :)

Hate them with a passion. If a blog has it, I don't bother comment. You can manage spam without having me look for words. For the forums image captchas are horrible. Sometimes it takes me 2-3 tries to understand what those smudged letters mean. I use questions/answer captcha, at least it's easy to read :D

Googling Solve Media takes me to some advertising company. Do you have a link for this?
Here: http://www.solvemedia.com/index_ss2.html
That's because it's mainly an ad company. As a publisher of theirs, you can use their Captcha technology. Though it may have ads, you are earning, so I guess it's a win-win situation.

The ads appear as images, and you are asked to "describe" it. All you have to do is to type anything relevant to the image, like if it's an ad of Internet Explorer, then simply type in "internet."

I despise captchas with a passion. People say that they are easy to make out and read but not for everyone! I sometimes have to squint very hard to make out some letters and at other times I just cannot read them at all and have to get other people to read it for me (Despite the fact I don't even have bad eyesight!) As Dojo said, should a blog have one for commenting, you have lost my custom. I believe it should be killed off and replaced with the whole question thing which I love.

I hate every single one of them XD not liking it anywhere but as it prevents spam I suppose its good :)

I fully agree with your statement. Jesus how I hate them! This is why I never implemented any form of captcha in my websites.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds