Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Can members delete accounts on your forums?

Advertisement Placeholder
I've seen a lot of people over the years request a account deletion and then later regret it and make a new account. That's why I don't delete accounts right away. I'll tell the member we'll revisit the topic of account deletion at a later date. If they are persistent in their request then I'll grant their wish eventually.

I do not allow members to delete accounts but if a member asks for an account deletion, I might delete for them provided these members have not received any incentives for the post. If a member receives incentives for posting, I do not delete these accounts as I own the content because I paid money.

There is no reason why I am going to allow members of my community to delete their account by themselves but I am always welcome to receiving the request to have their accounts deleted. I am only going to soft delete the account but every other contents that they have created is always going to be in the community because removing them is going to destroy a lot of things.

There is no reason why I am going to allow members of my community to delete their account by themselves but I am always welcome to receiving the request to have their accounts deleted. I am only going to soft delete the account but every other contents that they have created is always going to be in the community because removing them is going to destroy a lot of things.

This option is not always on my forum as well. The members don't have that right to delete their accounts. In most cases, I don't even see it as something that makes sense because a lot of members will abuse it in the heat of a situation.

This option is not always on my forum as well. The members don't have that right to delete their accounts. In most cases, I don't even see it as something that makes sense because a lot of members will abuse it in the heat of a situation.

Contents that have been added in a community should not just be deleted on request because the content have already been indexed by Google. Removing them from your community is always going to have a negative effect on your ranking and SEO. It's why I don't consider it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds