Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Buying Followers/Likes

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
What do you think about people who purchase followers and likes just to increase numbers? Of course, some people do it so that they can sell 'tweets' to people and get a return on their investment. But what do you think about people that do that?

Are they cheating themselves? Their followers? Their site even?

Advertisement Placeholder
What do you think about people who purchase followers and likes just to increase numbers? Of course, some people do it so that they can sell 'tweets' to people and get a return on their investment. But what do you think about people that do that?

It depends what you define as cheating... But as for the benefit of buying followers and likes- I think there are quite a few. For likes- it's a great way to make your website seem a lot busier than it actually is and it provides a certain level of trust. For followers- as you say you can sell sponsered tweets or place adf.ly links on it. It also makes the site seem busier and more trustworthy.

If you get real likes in facebook, that's always good. Lets say you buy 1000 fans for a page. Atleast 10s or may be 100s of them could be really interested in the niche or the content of your page. And that means, the possibility for them to share your posts are higher. Like this, your page gets good exposure which in turn gets you more fans! :)

Theres one nasty ass site i saw advertised Get 1000 twitter followers for $1 But you have to register to the site for $99 oh yes that makes sense..............

It's against Twitter's ToS/EULA to directly buy followers. However, you can do it indirectly, or for free.

It depends what you define as cheating... But as for the benefit of buying followers and likes- I think there are quite a few. For likes- it's a great way to make your website seem a lot busier than it actually is and it provides a certain level of trust. For followers- as you say you can sell sponsered tweets or place adf.ly links on it. It also makes the site seem busier and more trustworthy.

This is the real reason why I have considered acquiring likes/followers. The more you have, the more interest people show in your product/site. Eventually some of these followers/likes could convert into members but even if they don't they may RT you or reshare a link

They are cheating the website and it's community. As the community is thinking the site is more active than it really is. But they aren't cheating themselves and they are the ones who thought about it first.

This is the real reason why I have considered acquiring likes/followers. The more you have, the more interest people show in your product/site. Eventually some of these followers/likes could convert into members but even if they don't they may RT you or reshare a link

Say you own a hosting biz... If you have heaps of likes (and a well designed site), I would imagine people would think you have a lot of clients and are extremely competent. Thus you'd get a lot more sales. :) So basically I agree with Hotmess :D

I never really did see the point of buying likes/followers when you can just pretty much get them without spending money. All you need is good site content *shot*.

But seriously, if your site's worth it, it'll earn it.

Pfft I don't think its even worthy to talk about that , of course that they are heating themselves ,and whats even more worse,all those people who like or follow them are like bots.

Well, I really see no use to this. When I see some small sites have more twitter followers than a huge celebrity it kinda shows how reliable social media is. If you can 'buy' people to like you, than something is wrong. I do promote my sites via social media, but I have never enticed anyone to do anything. If you like it, share, if not, good riddance. I am not looking for a quick fix nor to cheat some numbers.

We have bought followers for our twitter account(Now sporting nearly 120k followers), but that's because it's an investment that will return on itself. It helps our site get more hits, in turn more members, and more ads sold(which= a better site). Plus, when we sell tweets, we get better stuff for the site too :)
I can understand why people don't like buying followers, but it's a great way to support your site if you are serious ;)

It would be interesting to hear feedback about the quality of the fans/likes/followers packages that are sold on Fiverr and other places. I have heard stories about the numbers dwindling over time due to the accounts being inactive.

I think buying followers is a great way for business owner to look more popular on twitter as well as other social media accounts. But if you ask me, 1000+ followers should be enough to attract real followers.

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I don't consider this method as very ethical. I know it's a good method of increasing your popularity, but still...

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds