Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Building a Twitter presence

Brentnauer

Website
www.brentnauer.com
Credits
Is it worth it, in your opinion, to make use of Twitter to help promote your community? How would/did you make it something more than just an automatic Tweet of every post/thread?

Advertisement Placeholder
Yes I would say twitter is definitely worth it but you have to do a lot more than just tweeting posts. I have had and do get far more back to the forum from twitter than I do facebook, and one reason for that is my facebook friends know me and are known to me. On twitter I get to follow people I dont know but who I find via interests, etc, and I interact with them - respond to their tweets, or tweet direct to them, and make interesting tweets on stuff not from the forum - some follow me back so when I do tweet the forum people who dont know me get to hear about it - especially if you can get followers to retweet (I got tweeting with a business development guy and told him what I was doing and he retweets it alot). You also need social networking buttons on the forum - even if you dont social network your members will and it makes it easy for them to do so and then their friends get to hear about the forum.

I tweet as "opinionswapper" which is a name I set up with my previous forum which still fits this one - I cant get this one short enough I dont think as you are limited in characters for your username.

You can find me at https://twitter.com/#!/opinionswapper if interested - you can read my tweets and see what I mean

Twitter is always a good idea to get more traffic. The only problem is gaining followers from the related niche and people who are interested in your niche!

Once you have them, you are going to get a good traffic each time you tweet something with a link. And btw twitter is one of the best places to promote your contests and other freebies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds