Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Bugging for staff

Xyphien

Addicted member
Website
www.graphichub.net
Credits
We've all had that one member who spams you to become "Co-Owner, admin, staff of some sort" How do you deal with them? Do you warn them not to ask any more and then ban them, or remove them of PM privileges, ect.

Advertisement Placeholder
Don't ban them. Politely reply that you aren't interested in adding to the staff list at the moment but you recognise their great contribution to the forum, then make them a premium member or something. :)

Maybe I'm just a cynical person to instaban anyone who asks for staff. Forums I used to admin/mod at had this rule which said : "Do not request/beg/whine for staff colours, if you are worthy, you will get it. Asking for it may get you banned". Lol.

Maybe I'm just a cynical person to instaban anyone who asks for staff. Forums I used to admin/mod at had this rule which said : "Do not request/beg/whine for staff colours, if you are worthy, you will get it. Asking for it may get you banned". Lol.

If you are a larger forum, it seems to be a pretty good policy. However, smaller forums cannot afford to loose their members :p

I have been bugged by a few people to make a site with them and it's a little frustrating to say the least because I have obviously said no to them and besides, I will have a site of my own when I'm good and ready. :)

I usually reply politely the first few times. Then, if the member never quits pestering, I troll them till they finally ragequit :)

If you're gonna troll them, ask them to log out. Then delete their account. Or worse, change their password.

It happens a lot. You will always get users like this. No denying it. I simply tell them they will be ranked if deserved. Otherwise they will be staying the way they are. If they continue to bag, I give them a stricter warning and warn them about the possibility of being banned, at which point if they still continue then I will ban them.

dang. And I thought I was mean for doing that. Remind me not to get on your bad side. :p

Oh ya, Sylar really gets into it. Don't get on his bad side is right. Last time someone dared to cross the great Sylar, Sylar had turned into a big giant harry troll (ironic eh?) and "shattered" them. True story. His own words!

In xenforo there is an inbuilt mechanism for trolling on users! :D
3Mdsk.jpg

Depends on how much they ask and what member status they are. If they are a high posting member I may consider it or just warn them not to say anything at first. If it was someone who was new and joined just to promote, I would most likely ban straight off.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds