Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Blog for your online community

Shawn Gossman1

Legendary member
Administrator
Website
www.shawngossman.com
Credits
How do you feel about maintaining a blog for the purpose of content marketing tactics to send people to join your online community?

For example, let's say your community is about fly fishing. You create a basic guide explaining how to start fly fishing on your blog. It provides significant value to readers of your blog who are wanting to learn how to fly fish. But in your blog, you create a preview of an advanced guide that will make you into a BETTER fly fisher but in order to access it, they need to join your community.

Do you feel this is a good tactic or is it asking too much of you?

Advertisement Placeholder
Blogging is an awesome way to drive traffic to your site! A high-quality blog can do much better than a forum or store in SEO and builds a following that is likely to spill over to over parts of the sites.
I agree.

I think the idea of having to write for it scares most people away but the marketing value of it is so high. I get ranked on page 1 of Google for almost everything I write. I'm sending traffic to my YouTube instead of a community but the concept still would work.

It's a miss opportunity for many.

I really don't read blogs...are they still an in thing?

I will watch quick videos though. Do you think we should start having video pages (still linking to YouTube of course, but have them on a page as an index for a community?
Blogs are actually still growing last I checked. It seems surprising as podcasts, videos, and all sorts of modern media are crashing into them, but blogs are actually still one of the best forms of written media for both user views and SEO.

So far I have not seen a YouTube page done very well. In my opinion, Xenoforo's media pages suck for UI and none of the competition really proves to be much better. I do see adding YouTube and other videos to a community to be a great idea, but it is getting it to look good and be used that is rough.

I really don't read blogs...are they still an in thing?
Oh for sure!

My blog gets several thousand visits a day.

I've monetized it with AdSense.

I made $500 the other day from one post.

I mean if you do a Google search for anything, aside from video results, it's mainly blogs that are the top results. AI is scraping most content from blogs.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds