Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Blog Comments

Sylar

Addicted member
Credits
Do you like getting comments on your blog posts? Do you get a lot of comments?
If you had the choice between several well thought-out comments and a lot of spammy short unrelated comments, which would you chose?
Personally, I prefer the well thought-out comments, because they actually give me something to reply to, and maybe even gain an interested reader. I blog a little bit, and what comments I do get excite me a bit, not going to lie. I like reading what people have to say about what I write :)

Advertisement Placeholder
For spamy comments I have installed this akismet and it filters out almost all of them.
And yes when I see an actual comment, ie some feedback or more info about the post, I do get excited.
Also Google loves blog comments which is another reason to like comments!

But there is one blog post I made which gives away demonoid invite codes and that post has a lot of comments and are still getting added every now and then. These comments I don't care really, almost all the comments are asking for more invite codes and they don't excite me! :p

I love getting comments, who doesn't? As long as they contribute to the improvement of the blog/article or offer some insight which could be used to gain more comments, why not?

There is no place for spammy comments in my book. All my blogs usually have dofollow comments enabled, I live to give something back to the ones that take the time to comment on my posts, bit I expect actual quality comments, not just some "great article thanks" kind of comments. I want comment that will really add something to the topic in question.

Of course I do, who doesn't? :) Usually, at the end of my articles I ask my readers what are their opinions about that subject or to come up with more ideas for a similar article.

Of course I do, who doesn't? :smile: Usually, at the end of my articles I ask my readers what are their opinions about that subject or to come up with more ideas for a similar article.
Asking readers to come up with more ideas tend to work in almost all cases, better if you've already got a good reader base.

I love getting comments, who doesn't? As long as they contribute to the improvement of the blog/article or offer some insight which could be used to gain more comments, why not?
Couldn't have said it better myself.

I personally don't blog, but I'd prefer if the userbase was helpful and actually liked the blog and wouldn't mind posting a decent sized comment every few articles.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds