Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Balance b/w freedom of expression and content moderation

Advertisement Placeholder
Users can exercise freedom of expression on my sites. However, there are rules for what can be posted and what cannot be posted. In the name of freedom of expression, I cannot allow users to post hate messages, port, spams, phishing links, and things like that.

Users can exercise freedom of expression on my sites. However, there are rules for what can be posted and what cannot be posted. In the name of freedom of expression, I cannot allow users to post hate messages, port, spams, phishing links, and things like that.
There is a section for advertisement on any site, people that spam just post an affiliate link somewhere or even send it by private message and this is not something good however there is private advertisement posting package to all users or sticky global announcement for a month for a fee but a topic about something even not related to money and general posting and someone post an affiliate link will make discussion awful especially those users 1 message post that join to promote.

Depends on the topic. If it is related to some war crimes like Nazi ideology, there is nothing to discuss there in terms of promoting it. Or any other ideology that brought evil doing and suffering to people. Moderation should occur only in cases of personal insults but other than that they are free to exercise their freedom of speech.

Ah yes, let's not forget the TOS of the software being used because even thought I find it okay, the software provider may not.

There is a section for advertisement on any site, people that spam just post an affiliate link somewhere or even send it by private message and this is not something good however there is private advertisement posting package to all users or sticky global announcement for a month for a fee but a topic about something even not related to money and general posting and someone post an affiliate link will make discussion awful especially those users 1 message post that join to promote.
That's the reason why I do not have a marketplace or advertising section on my sites. There are people who try to join forums just for the sake of advertising, and my forums are place for genuine discussions and not a place for advertisement.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds