Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Bad Idea For A Forum

MisterBobbyPin

Recognized member
Credits
What are some ideas you seen been used in a forum? I've seen forums use to many sections for topics and end up confusing people.

Advertisement Placeholder
I myself especially when I was first starting out with forums made so many mistakes which I had to learn from but as I say, we all have to learn somewhere and starting is the best way to learn. Some of the mistakes I have noticed in the past with forums is having too many sections when they start out, especially too many sections which could have been put into just one section which then as you say, leads to confusion. Another mistake I have seen in the past is forums opening without any solid rules and ending up filled with spam and other nonsense posts that are not in topic with the forum they are running. That can always lead to potential new members and even current members being put off from wanting to use your forum.

Some board owners have installed codes that give the board fake statistics to make the board seem more active. I think this can be deceiving and not really helpful in bringing in more content. Also, while we’re speaking of codes, some people bloat their forum with way too many codes, which bogs down the board.
Being honest to yourself about your forum's stage and your members is something that's going to be very helpful to you on the long run. If your prospective new members were to find out your forum statistics are bloated, they will never trust your board and that's one member lost.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds