Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

At what time do you sleep?

Advertisement Placeholder
Ha. I often dream of a normal sleep pattern. As a shift worker I go to bed depending on what time I start or finish work. For example I was in bed by 7:30 last night cause I had to be up at 2:15am for work this morning. But last weekend I was on night shift so I wasn’t in bed until 3am and then was awake at 10ish. Shift work suckssssss

Usually between 1am and 2am, and up around 8.

I have a biphasic sleep pattern. I will fall asleep from 11pm-2am, then stay up for an hour, and sleep some more from 3am-7am
Oh, does that happen everyday? Are you doing anything to fix it?

During the weekdays, I go to bed between 11 PM & 12 AM and wake up around 8 AM. During the weekends, it's around 1 or 2 AM and I end up waking up at 9 or 10 AM. :p

Oh, does that happen everyday? Are you doing anything to fix it?

No. It's been like this for years. I don't really mind it. In fact, I see it as more natural. The 8-hour monophasic sleep pattern came into popularity with the modern workday and artificial light. Before it was common to nap during the day. In fact, in some cultures, everything shuts down right after lunch, people go home and nap, and then come back and open for dinner.

https://academic.oup.com/sleep/article/39/3/715/2454050
My new dog has adjusted to this too, lol. So I fall asleep in my recliner. If I don't wake up naturally at 2 or 3am, she will get me up to go outside. Then I will take a shower and go to my actual bed to continue sleeping.

I try my best when it comes to falling asleep at the same time every night but I always get them nights when I can't sleep. On the weekdays, I aim to be asleep by midnight so I'm awake by 8-9 am, but when it comes to the weekends I stay awake a little longer as I don't have to be awake as early.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds