Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ashamed of your favorite team?

Website
craftercraze.com
Credits
Has your favorite sports team ever made you so ashamed to be a fan? What happened?

My husband has been a lifelong Cubs baseball fan, and he was somewhat ashamed of their big losing streak they had for decades. When they finally got their W, he was thrilled and then suddenly wanted more sports memorabilia to mark the occasion.

Advertisement Placeholder
When a player of my favorite team was involved in malpractice in the game, I felt very ashamed to have supported that team.

There has been times where I got really mad about my favorite teams losing, but as I've gotten older and matured, now I just laugh when my favorite team loses. I don't take sports as seriously as I used to. It does suck when my favorite team loses, especially when they're close to a title game. But you can't let your favorite team losing weigh you down, as it has no affect on your day to day life. Move on, your favorite teams move on quite well, why can't fans?

Has your favorite sports team ever made you so ashamed to be a fan? What happened?

My husband has been a lifelong Cubs baseball fan, and he was somewhat ashamed of their big losing streak they had for decades. When they finally got their W, he was thrilled and then suddenly wanted more sports memorabilia to mark the occasion.
Yes, the Detroit Red Wings. 😕
We were GREAT in the mid-to-late 90's, but we also had the Russian-5, which made us the luckiest team in the NHL. They played brilliantly. It was like watching Art.
Now, we're lucky if we can make it into the playoffs. We haven't past few years. 😣
We need new, better players, and possibly a new coach.
How can you be ashamed of being your favorite team fan? I mean you should be proud
😂 Not if they're not playing well and you became a fan when they were awesome and winning games and Cups 🏆 back to back.
Now you really don't know what to do. It's hard to cheer a team on when they keep losing games and every time that puck gets into our net you just look away. 🏑

Last edited:
The last season was one of the most horrible I have ever felt as a Chelsea fan. There was a lot of potential before the season because we were having new owners and they spend a lot in upgrading the squad. We ended up 12th in the table without European football.

Supporting a sports team can be highly exciting, it can also be deeply frustrating. However, the love and passion developed for the team over the years means even when things are not right one always find some joy out of watching the team.

I've had a couple of times when my favourite sports team have left me disappointed, but I'll never be ashamed of being a lifelong Manchester United fan; not now, not in the nearest future.

I can't think of anything that will be capable of making me become ashamed of my favorite club Real Madrid. The level of success Real Madrid have seen can only be an impossible dream for most club. I'm ever always proud of my team. We are trying to get Mbappe now. If we do, imagine having Mbappe and Vini at both wings? Opposition teams are dead.

I can never be ashamed of my club Manchester United but I can tell you that I've been disappointed at some extent especially after Sir Alex Ferguson retired and we had to struggle through different coaches before we are able to find our feet after hiring Erik ten hag. Missing out on playing Champions League football for a long time is something that was very painful for me as a Manchester United fan.

I am never ashamed of my team, even when they did not win the English Premier league and some important tournament cups, I feel luck is not on their side and they still need to perfect some things but I am never ashamed of the team, Arsenal

Well, look, this year, my favorite national team, which is Malaga C.F of the Spanish league, went down to 2B, or what comes to be the same the Spanish third division of football, I do not feel ashamed and I will continue to encourage my team, 10 years ago we managed to qualify for the champions league and we reached the quarterfinals being eliminated by Borussia Dortmund, today we are in the Third Division and I have nothing to be ashamed of, in fact today I wear my team's shirt.

There are nothing to be ashamed of , even though your favourite team is not doing very well at the moment. My favorite team is arsenal FC, I have been with the club in times of crisis. Today they are playing champion's league football...

Well, look, this year, my favorite national team, which is Malaga C.F of the Spanish league, went down to 2B, or what comes to be the same the Spanish third division of football, I do not feel ashamed and I will continue to encourage my team, 10 years ago we managed to qualify for the champions league and we reached the quarterfinals being eliminated by Borussia Dortmund, today we are in the Third Division and I have nothing to be ashamed of, in fact today I wear my team's shirt.

We are very much alike when it comes to wearing my team's jersey. There are some fans who will be shying away from wearing their kit when things are not looking up for the team in order to avoid banter from rivals. This is not how I do it. In fact, I get my kit to wear whenever we lost a match.

I have never been ashamed of my favorites team for once, even though they haven't been doing well since the season started. I have always supported them since I was 8 and I will do that to the end

I have never been ashamed of my favorites team for once, even though they haven't been doing well since the season started. I have always supported them since I was 8 and I will do that to the end

I used to think that it is going to be very difficult for me to be ashamed of my club which is Manchester United but what we have been playing this season under the guidance of Ten Hag, I can very well tell you that I am already fed up with our game play. There is no fun in watching Manchester United play because it's very certain that we are going to lose most of the matches we will play.

You are very correct @Heatman , I am also a United Fan, and I don't know what the Glazers are doing regarding these awful games.
We need to get better players I guess and maybe the board be changed or something

You are very correct @Heatman , I am also a United Fan, and I don't know what the Glazers are doing regarding these awful games.
We need to get better players I guess and maybe the board be changed or something

The Glazers are not the one's making Manchester United to play awful football. The entire players are playing like they don't train together. This is not a problem caused by the Glazers but what the coach is doing in training.

I have been a fan of Chelsea since childhood and I even like the club, but I am ashamed of such a team that has been created now. They cannot answer for this emblem with actions because they play very badly. I was happy when Pochettino was appointed as manager because I really liked his work at Tottenham but now I think he better leave the team or make some serious changes

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds