Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Articles for a forum....

Sam1

Mythical member
Website
holderhost.com
Credits
A lot of forums, including WGB, have an articles section and make use of it. How important do you think articles are on a forum in terms of SEO?

Advertisement Placeholder
Very useful in lots of ways. Infact, one of my jobs is to write articles for SEO purposes for various websites. Many things can be done with them and they are a brilliant tool to have in your SEO arsenal. I'd definitely recommend it!

Very useful in lots of ways. Infact, one of my jobs is to write articles for SEO purposes for various websites. Many things can be done with them and they are a brilliant tool to have in your SEO arsenal. I'd definitely recommend it!

What do you think about article spinning then? (A little of topic I know...)

Article spinning is rewriting content which is sort of what I do but not entirely. I do tend to get orders of 10 articles per subject which does mean I have to 'spin' what I write but the SEO technique is engrained in that but with the articles that have been written you can use them for building linkwheels (Which is what my friend does with the articles I write). If you don't know about them you can read up here )http://joshkotsay.com/seo/link-wheels-explained) but yeh. That's all I can really say I guess, haha.

A lot of forums, including WGB, have an articles section and make use of it. How important do you think articles are on a forum in terms of SEO?

Very important, I am starting to learn.

If I knew where or how, I'd get some good TV show reviewers to recap several popular shows for my foumr

I create a link article wheel once- it was the most boring thing I have ever attempted :( I created an article, spun it and created like 6 web 2.0 sites to link to mine and then got as many other article directories to link to those 6 sites. It was pretty effective I suppose.

Article spinning rewords the original article, and article wheel is the process of linking all these spun articles to the original article as far as I know!
Please correct me if I am wrong!

Article spinning is basically taking an article you've already wrote and rewording it and changing bits so that it is not seen as duplicated content by Google. A link wheel is basically posting your articles where-ever with link backs to the place you want to juice up with SEO.

That's my understanding.

Wow, there are tools for everything uh?

Isn't it kinda of cheating, like spinning I mean. Presenting a spun article as original is misleading

Well, I have to spend the time researching the niche, writing the first article and then taking that article and picking it apart to change stuff around so I wouldn't call it cheating per se, just a smart move is all. People find ways to play Google and the rest of the bunch and will continue to do so. I make a decent bit of pocket money doing it so I am biased I suppose.

Well, I have to spend the time researching the niche, writing the first article and then taking that article and picking it apart to change stuff around so I wouldn't call it cheating per se, just a smart move is all. People find ways to play Google and the rest of the bunch and will continue to do so. I make a decent bit of pocket money doing it so I am biased I suppose.

Taking information from one source and creating an article from it is not a bad thing.

I should stop talking about this spinning business, my ignorance on the subject is showing

It doesn't matter if you don't know much about it or not Hotmess, we're all here to learn and state our opinions on subjects. And no, it isn't a bad thing, as long as you don't get your mouse and copy the whole post, haha.

not quite in the same area but a website i am building will consist mainly of articles - which i am writing at the moment myself. i know a lot of similar sites tend to simply copy and paste wikipedia articles, which of course wikipedia allow and personally i think that is cheap and cheating. although i openly admit wiki is a main resource for me writing the articles i always use at least one other source and the article is unique to me (and copyrighted obviously) with the links to resources used at the bottom. now i do not claim to be good at writing these articles - i confess its a year since i did the last as i burned out - but there is no way i could just copy and paste wiki - i want my site to be unique and for people to visit it and read something different from wiki.

not quite in the same area but a website i am building will consist mainly of articles - which i am writing at the moment myself. i know a lot of similar sites tend to simply copy and paste wikipedia articles, which of course wikipedia allow and personally i think that is cheap and cheating. although i openly admit wiki is a main resource for me writing the articles i always use at least one other source and the article is unique to me (and copyrighted obviously) with the links to resources used at the bottom. now i do not claim to be good at writing these articles - i confess its a year since i did the last as i burned out - but there is no way i could just copy and paste wiki - i want my site to be unique and for people to visit it and read something different from wiki.

I think writing articles yourself is the best idea. Google loves original content and hates copied stuff.... + if you get an article off Wikipedia then anyone can and why would they visit your forum?

Very important, I am starting to learn.

If I knew where or how, I'd get some good TV show reviewers to recap several popular shows for my foumr

On some sites you can post an advertisement to hire professional freelance writers to write reviews of any TV show or movie. Usually you'll pay a small fee per review, between five and ten dollars, depending on the writer.

It is a great part of a forum if you don't have a blog. The whole point of the articles would make the site more unique and get more traffic. If this site for example had articles on creating sites and members and etc then it is something that people might come to the site and see.

I never had one myself. I had a wordpress blog to post reviews and tutorials and agreed to post other members content if I like them. Any other information sometimes got stickied in some section of the forum.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds