Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Are your moderators allowed to delete threads?

alakazam

Website
www.beautifulforums.co
Credits
Sometimes moderators get overzealous and decide to delete entire threads because a little drama has popped up between members in a heated discussion. Do you allow your moderators to do this? I mean, deleting a few posts is one thing if they are out of line and break the rules, but what about entire threads?

Advertisement Placeholder
I allow my moderators to soft delete posts, but I don't allow them to permanently delete posts. It's better to limit the amount of people who have the permissions to delete everything. :yum:

Which is why I just move things to the trash :)

I allow my moderators to soft delete posts, but I don't allow them to permanently delete posts. It's better to limit the amount of people who have the permissions to delete everything. :yum:
IPB doesn't have a soft delete feature for moderators. The removed posts and threads go into the "Removed content" in the moderator panel, from where the moderators can permanently delete them.

Yes, I allow moderators to delete topics. Moderators have full permission as a normal super moderator would (phpBB). I will trust my staff members but as soon as they abuse there powers I will fire them.

All staff except the Owner and Admin Team Leader / Director can only trash threads so we have proof. This just keeps the power limited to myself or my assistance stopping any unecessary actions happening

We only allow our moderators here on the forum to soft delete posts. They cannot permanently delete them. All soft deleted post and certain other posts are moved to the trash in order to keep the forum neatly organized and clean. By doing that, we the Executives and our moderators can can effectively patrol the forum without any junk present from our point of view.

On Promotion Sea I have allowed our moderators to delete threads and posts but not permanently. Of course I will check what they deleted and if they made a mistake I will return the post to the public and there will be penalties for the moderator.

Last edited:
I normally allow people to hard-delete. Nonetheless, I didn't at first, cause I was fearing a disagreement might lead to mass-deleting (out of rage). However, I now think the chance of that is low.

Of course. Should they go rogue and start removing stuff without reason, I'll find out through logs and give them the boot.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds