Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Site Management Are You Good at Managing Multiple Communities

For discussions on the overall management and administration of websites and forums.
Credits
I have noticed one interesting things about people who are passionate about running communities. Most of these people own multiple communities. Seasoned community owners most of the time have multiple communities. Do you own multiple communities? Are you really good at managing multiple communities? Well, I do not like to categorize myself as a seasoned community owner but I run multiple communities, but sadly, I am not very good at managing multiple communities.

Advertisement Placeholder
I at the moment have a community I own and a community that I co-own with my other half and even that can be too much sometimes.

At the moment the community I own myself is a community I am building up slowly so that I don't get overwhelmed with everything. The community I co-own with my other half, he deals with most of that and I do as much as I can when I can.

Running multiple communities is not for everyone.

While running one community helps you focus 100% of your energy, running forums that deal with completely different topics helps you break the monotony. So if you are natural at running forums, in some cases, having more than one at hand may not be a bad thing.

I think I would be decent at it considering I have the time to attend to them with only a part-time job. I think I've only tried to manage two different communities at the same time, maybe three. It depends on different factors whether you can run multiple communities or not. Do you have a passion for those communities? Do you have the time to attend to them? Do you have sufficient webmaster skills to handle them? If the communities start to flourish, can you find the extra help to maintain them?

Not at all.

I only have the time and energy for one. I think that, if I tried to run multiple communities (and balance that with a full-time job, and having a life outside forums), then I'd just end up spreading myself too thinly.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 8)

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds