Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Are you allowed to use your phone on the job?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Wherever you work, are you allowed to use your phone on the job? Or have it on when on the job? The call center I worked at years ago didn't allow us to have our phones out. And if we needed to use it, we'd have to leave the work area and go to the cafeteria. Otherwise the phone is to stay in your pocket at all times. It can be on, but has to be on silent. They also don't allow you to wear smart watches, as they can take photos, and that's the reason they didn't want phones out during work, as you could snap a picture of secret info. We had to keep certain products secret.

Advertisement Placeholder
There are some jobs where you are going to be allowed to use your smartphone when you are working and there are some where using of your smartphone is highly prohibited unless during your break time. I have work in a company where we are not allowed to even enter into the work premises with smartphone.

I was not only allowed to use my phone but even my personal laptop to work on my own projects in my last two jobs. When I decided to work for these companies, one of my conditions was being able to work on my own projects whenever I had a free time during the work hours.

I was not only allowed to use my phone but even my personal laptop to work on my own projects in my last two jobs. When I decided to work for these companies, one of my conditions was being able to work on my own projects whenever I had a free time during the work hours.

I think that most companies allow their workers to make use of their phones or laptop during their free time especially when it is break because you cannot ask someone not to make use of their phone to call and check up on things that are personal to them when they are not actually working which is not against any company's policy.

There are some jobs where you are going to be allowed to use your smartphone when you are working and there are some where using of your smartphone is highly prohibited unless during your break time. I have work in a company where we are not allowed to even enter into the work premises with smartphone.

I think that using phones while you are on a job may be allowed in many cases.However, in the end it all depends on the polices and rules of the workplace environment. Having said that, some companies do not even allow you to bring phones in the workplace.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds