Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Are you afraid when firing someone?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
If you're an employer, I'm sure you have fired your share of employees. Are you ever afraid when firing someone? Did a firing ever backfire on you? Or do you get someone else like a supervisor or manager to handle firings?

Advertisement Placeholder
I have fired only once, and when I fired this person I was not afraid because I had valid reasons. However, I did feel very bad to fire this person because when I was firing him I started thinking about his family and how bad they will feel because he lost the job. sadly, I did not have any option left.

If you're an employer, I'm sure you have fired your share of employees. Are you ever afraid when firing someone? Did a firing ever backfire on you? Or do you get someone else like a supervisor or manager to handle firings?

I have never fired any one. However, I have read about a case where a few bosses fired an employee and that employee took the lives of those people. This was a really sad incident and the police got involved immediately. I felt really bad for those people. Just because you have been fired, this does not mean that you should take the life of your boss!

The decision to fire someone is typically made by employers, managers, or relevant authorities in the workplace based on various factors such as job performance, company policies, and other considerations. It's essential to handle such situations with empathy, fairness, and professionalism.

The decision to fire someone is typically made by employers, managers, or relevant authorities in the workplace based on various factors such as job performance, company policies, and other considerations. It's essential to handle such situations with empathy, fairness, and professionalism.

There are many companies that tend to fire people for many valid reasons. Being racist towards someone could also be a valid reason to fire someone. However, many companies fire their employees for many invalid reason and this could also damage the reputation of the company as well.

I have fired only once, and when I fired this person I was not afraid because I had valid reasons. However, I did feel very bad to fire this person because when I was firing him I started thinking about his family and how bad they will feel because he lost the job. sadly, I did not have any option left.
That's fair. I am more afraid of the ones who are employees that been around for a long time, ones who may be liked by the staff and management. I can see myself not being into that firing. But yeah, if they give you valid reasons, like they broke many rules or something, than yeah, a firing is in order I think.

When someone has worked for you for a long time, he/she will start taking benefits, and you might conclude that this person should be fired. However, as an old employee, he/she might also have developed some fan following, and firing the person might actually backfire. In a situation like this, calling a board meeting or staff meeting and trying to come up with a unanimous decision might be very helpful.

That's fair. I am more afraid of the ones who are employees that been around for a long time, ones who may be liked by the staff and management. I can see myself not being into that firing. But yeah, if they give you valid reasons, like they broke many rules or something, than yeah, a firing is in order I think.

This is something that I was also thinking about. Since certain employees are quite old, they may be the one that might be preferred by the boss. This is something quite understandable. They seem to be more reliable and this is quite logical assumption as well. However, if you are a person who is not doing anything wrong, then there is no need to be afraid of them.

Afraid of what exactly? Of being attacked by the person? I haven't been in the position to fire anyone but I don't think I would be scared doing it if it's actually for the very good of my business.

Afraid of what exactly? Of being attacked by the person? I haven't been in the position to fire anyone but I don't think I would be scared doing it if it's actually for the very good of my business.
I would not be scared to fire anyone I have hired. Every employee is supposed to be guided by the rules and regulations set by the organization. So if anyone goes against those rules deserve to be sacked..

Firing someone is a very big decision and I would not take this kind of decision until or unless if a person has committed a really huge offence. The fact of the matter remains that a person gains much reputation in a company when he works for a long time. It would be unfair to fire them them for small reasons.

There are actual some employees that work against the progress and growth of the organization and business. Even after several queries and cautions still could not stop. Such staffs need to give way..

There are actual some employees that work against the progress and growth of the organization and business. Even after several queries and cautions still could not stop. Such staffs need to give way..

I am sure that an employ would have felt bad or an employee may got hurt and this is why they may not be interested in promoting the company or working hard because they may feel as if they are wronged. This is why they may be behaving this way.

In general I am afraid to fire any person because I may lose a lot of perks of this person means it will be a very hard decision and sometimes regret doing it because you got familiar with this person but it is work requirement.

I am sure that an employ would have felt bad or an employee may got hurt and this is why they may not be interested in promoting the company or working hard because they may feel as if they are wronged. This is why they may be behaving this way.
In the place I reside there are people who always think it is their entitlement for that position. So they never care about the job as they would eventually be paid if they fall short of the job. Many of them even absent themselves from duty often..

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds