Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Are transcription jobs worth the pay? Rev and others like it

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
I tried out a site called Rev years ago, but found it to be too tedious and time consuming to make any real money.

Has anyone here tried to make money doing transcriptions? For those who don't know. It's essentially doing subtitles for video, like on YouTube and all that. Sadly it doesn't pay all that well. You won't be making much and will be working long hours. Are there any transcription sites worth working on? Or has AI pretty much taken over for transcriptions?

Advertisement Placeholder
I haven't tried making money by doing transcriptions. I do not have any idea about transcription sites and i don't know if there are any transcription sites worth working on.

Transcription jobs can be picked up by basically everyone and I saw the market is oversaturated. This is why you can see that a lot of employers are usually offering very little amount of money per hour and some people have no choice than to take it.

I've actually tried out some transcription jobs from years ago but he never really worked out the way I wanted so I had to drop it and worked on improving some other portfolios that I can work on as a means of making money online which is more convenient for me to take part in.

Transcription jobs could help you make a lots of money. However, in order to do that you must have great knowledge about different accents. This is the main trick and it is quite hard to master different kinds of accents when it comes to English accents spoken by different people around the world.

Transcription jobs can be picked up by basically everyone and I saw the market is oversaturated. This is why you can see that a lot of employers are usually offering very little amount of money per hour and some people have no choice than to take it.

The high level of competition in the market is a very big problem because a lot of freelancers are even the one that are causing problem with regards to the kind of payment that they are being offered by those who are looking at hiring their services, as some people will lower the fees to the point where it is almost useless.

I have no first hand experience with transcription jobs, I was never interested in working as a transcriptionist. However, I have friends and family who worked as a transcriptionist. They say it is a well paying job but they also remark that the work load is too much and it is very tiering job.

The high level of competition in the market is a very big problem because a lot of freelancers are even the one that are causing problem with regards to the kind of payment that they are being offered by those who are looking at hiring their services, as some people will lower the fees to the point where it is almost useless.

The freelancing industry is becoming more and more competitive. However, there is a great way to decrease competition. The solution here is to create more and more opportunities, as the number of freelancers is growing every year. This is the best solution to the problem.

I have no first hand experience with transcription jobs, I was never interested in working as a transcriptionist. However, I have friends and family who worked as a transcriptionist. They say it is a well paying job but they also remark that the work load is too much and it is very tiering job.
Even these days, are there still good opportunities to work as a freelance transcriptionist? Could you tell me where to start? I am from Brazil and I am fluent in English and Portuguese. I have been working as a freelance translator and transcriptionist for SMARTLING VERBALIZEIT for 7 years and these year, 2023, I am looking for new places to start...

I tried out a site called Rev years ago, but found it to be too tedious and time consuming to make any real money.

Has anyone here tried to make money doing transcriptions? For those who don't know. It's essentially doing subtitles for video, like on YouTube and all that. Sadly it doesn't pay all that well. You won't be making much and will be working long hours. Are there any transcription sites worth working on? Or has AI pretty much taken over for transcriptions?
I wouldn't say AI has taken over this field of work, not yet anyway.
If you are certified in transcription, particularly medical/legal over general, then you can absolutely make some good money doing this kind of work.
It's the basic typing jobs and sites that don't require certification, these are the ones that pay lower, even typing captchas - this is a total waste of time. Even some data entry jobs will pay very low when there are no job requirements aside from being able to type on a keyboard.. not asking about your qualifications, or typing speed, or experience.

I've actually tried out some transcription jobs from years ago but he never really worked out the way I wanted so I had to drop it and worked on improving some other portfolios that I can work on as a means of making money online which is more convenient for me to take part in.

The challenge with some of those jobs is that they don't pay the amount that you expect to be paid and it will always make you work more for less. So, it can be frustrating. I have read about some making more money doing transcription, but I just can't deal with such at the moment.

Even these days, are there still good opportunities to work as a freelance transcriptionist? Could you tell me where to start? I am from Brazil and I am fluent in English and Portuguese. I have been working as a freelance translator and transcriptionist for SMARTLING VERBALIZEIT for 7 years and these year, 2023, I am looking for new places to start...
TranscribeMe, GoTranscript, Scribie and SpeakWrite are very popular sites for transcription jobs. Like I said earlier, have no personal experience with transcription job but I hear these are reliable sites to work s a trnscription.

TranscribeMe, GoTranscript, Scribie and SpeakWrite are very popular sites for transcription jobs. Like I said earlier, have no personal experience with transcription job but I hear these are reliable sites to work s a trnscription.
I signed up in transcribe.me a month ago and I'm still waiting for the language exam to accept me as a freelancer on the platform, I guess I'll have to try those other platforms you mentioned, you have said you have no previous experience in that job, but you know which of those is the best nowadays?

The challenge with some of those jobs is that they don't pay the amount that you expect to be paid and it will always make you work more for less. So, it can be frustrating. I have read about some making more money doing transcription, but I just can't deal with such at the moment.

This is one of the good things that I like so much about freelancing job because you have the decision to decide on the jobs that you know are very convenient for you to do and also looking at the payment you are most likely going to get from the job. I try as much as possible to maximize my time and work on jobs that are going to pay me better.

This is one of the good things that I like so much about freelancing job because you have the decision to decide on the jobs that you know are very convenient for you to do and also looking at the payment you are most likely going to get from the job. I try as much as possible to maximize my time and work on jobs that are going to pay me better.

Well, when it comes to freelancing, you have many options. You not only have the option to choose your working schedule, but you also have the option to choose the kind of job you want. Unfortunately, the freelancing market is becoming very saturated.

Well, when it comes to freelancing, you have many options. You not only have the option to choose your working schedule, but you also have the option to choose the kind of job you want. Unfortunately, the freelancing market is becoming very saturated.

The same thing that is happening in the freelancing market space is also the same thing that is happening in the offline labor space because a lot of opportunities where most people can actually work have been dropped down by what the economy is causing. This is the reason why you have to try as much as possible to improvise in whatever you are doing to have a better chance of being ahead of others.

I signed up in transcribe.me a month ago and I'm still waiting for the language exam to accept me as a freelancer on the platform, I guess I'll have to try those other platforms you mentioned, you have said you have no previous experience in that job, but you know which of those is the best nowadays?
I think you will have to try multiple platforms and find which one works for you. Not all platforms will work for everyone.

The same thing that is happening in the freelancing market space is also the same thing that is happening in the offline labor space because a lot of opportunities where most people can actually work have been dropped down by what the economy is causing. This is the reason why you have to try as much as possible to improvise in whatever you are doing to have a better chance of being ahead of others.

Well, the good thing is that the online freelancing sector has not been affected in a bad manner due to pandemic. This is why there were so many people who searched for online jobs during that time. Many people found many different kinds of websites such as Rev that could help them earn money transcribing audios.

Well, the good thing is that the online freelancing sector has not been affected in a bad manner due to pandemic. This is why there were so many people who searched for online jobs during that time. Many people found many different kinds of websites such as Rev that could help them earn money transcribing audios.

From my observation, I don't really think that so many people are into working on transcription jobs which is the reason why I believe that there are more orders for those who are interested in doing the job.

I don't really find it something that is satisfying to do otherwise I would have taken up so many of them because I have access to getting them.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds