Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Are stats important to you?

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
As an Admin of this forum, I would say that statistics are a part and parcel of running this site efficiently. I have to look at when we get drops in posts, threads and stuff like that but on the other hand I do not like to focus on them to much. On a personal level, I am more interested in building a small community as opposed to some kind of posting powerhouse but in all honesty, I would want both, haha.

Do you find looking at your forums stats important?

Advertisement Placeholder
On a personal level, I am more interested in building a small community as opposed to some kind of posting powerhouse but in all honesty, I would want both, haha.
Sums it up for me pretty much exactly :)
I like looking at my stats, and sometimes it helps me feel better about how much time I spend online, however, in all honesty, it's not a business for me. Therefore, I'm not overly obsessed nor concerned with stats like I would be if it was actually a source of income for me :)

Stats are a huge thing for a forum, checking posts counts on a weekly basis will show you whether people are losing interest, you're better stopping a small problem before it becomes a big one.

Sums it up for me pretty much exactly :smile:
I like looking at my stats, and sometimes it helps me feel better about how much time I spend online, however, in all honesty, it's not a business for me. Therefore, I'm not overly obsessed nor concerned with stats like I would be if it was actually a source of income for me :smile:
Its all about the feeling better part! Its the best inspiration imo.
Everything else comes secondary even the making money part!

Again i find myself agreeing with the OP of this post, the most important thing for me is creating a good community, saying that i do watch my stats, I check the Forum Stats, Google Analytics and Google Adsense at least once per week, it is important to me to keep a check on whats working and what isn't, while i do not want a forum to give me an income, i also do not want to be spending my valuable time and money, wasting it on adverts or backlinks that just don't work or in some cases damage my PR or SEO.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds