Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Are smaller forums better than big forums?

Shawn Gossman1

Legendary member
Administrator
Website
www.shawngossman.com
Credits
This is an opinion question for both users of a forum and forum owners.

Smaller forums have a more personal feel of a community. The larger the forum gets, the less of a tight-knit community feel occurs.

Does anyone agree with the statement above?

Would you rather have a smaller but active community to keep that small community feeling? Or do you hope to have a thriving big board where you might not know a lot of the members on it one day?

I'm curious how everyone feels about this.

Advertisement Placeholder
For support, yes. Medium forums give more importance to newcomers. As for big forums, they don't give a damn if you just landed on their forum. I have seen them more focused on premium members.

For support, yes. Medium forums give more importance to newcomers. As for big forums, they don't give a damn if you just landed on their forum. I have seen them more focused on premium members.
I have seen different instances.

I joined one cycling forum that is a big board and they took me in like I was a regular.

Another one I joined, I became a premium member on and it was like I was shunned because I was an American.

I think it really depends on the community and if the forum has allowed cliques to form.

Yes IMO. I think it is less crowded and feels almost like...sort of a family or so.
I like the way you think.

A small forum, to me, feels more family-like.

The size of this forum, for example, is excellent at the moment because I can form a relationship with active people here.

I think that's important, too!

Absolutely you lose the community feeling on bigger forums which Is what I like about forums however I also like regular content so it's a balancing act I guess.

A small forum is like living in a small town where everyone knows each other.

But once the forum gets into a big board, it's like moving to the city. And I guess that's OK, too. I mean it is kind of neat to see activity going on everywhere around the forum.

But you still miss that little community small-town like feel.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds