Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Forum Marketing Are Forum Post Exchanges worth doing?

Articles about promoting a forum, marketing tactics, SEO, and advertising.

Do you think Forum Post Exchanges are worth doing?​

Are forum post exchanges worth doing?

A post exchange typically is meant to help bring your message forum some activity and new members. In return, you’re doing the same thing for the other forum.

Some people, however, think forum post exchanges are not worth the trouble.

But to many, it is a critical component of getting a forum started or getting more activity on an existing forum.

Let’s take a look at forum post exchanges and determine if they’re worth doing or not!

What are Forum Post Exchanges?​

Forum post exchanges are content partnerships between two forum owners.

Usually, a forum owner will request a certain number of posts to be exchanged.

For example, a forum owner may request a 10/10 exchange which means they give a forum ten posts in return for ten posts on their forum from the other forum owner. Some partnerships do a 1/1, usually an ongoing or permanent exchange.

Posts are usually defined as a mix of threads (new topics) and posts (replies to topics) unless otherwise specified.

Each exchange usually involves both forum owners joining one another’s forum, creating a basic profile, and making posts. Then the partnership is ended unless they agree to an additional exchange.

The purpose of forum post exchanges is to increase membership and content on forums to make them look more active or get more activity within them.

Are Post Exchanges Good to Make?​

Forum post exchanges can be suitable for a forum, but they can also be bad for one.

If an exchange results in poor-quality posts, it will likely not help the forum as much as quality posts would have helped.

In most cases, forum post exchanges work out for the better, and each forum gets new content, new members, and more activity for engagement with the rest of the community.

In some cases, for some forum niches, post exchanges could result in an exchanger staying with the forum and continuing to post as a regular member of the community. This is often the case with off-topic webmaster/admin forums.

Post exchanges are usually better than paid posts because they’re from people who own forums and know what quality content is. Many paid posting services on Fiver, and other “content malls” like that are from people who are just looking for a quick dollar and likely use the same content on multiple communities.

Forum post exchanges are much better than fake members created by the forum owner. Fake members could lead to you getting caught and ruining your reputation for being dishonest with your community. Fake members aren’t worth the risk.

How to be a Good Post Exchanger​

There is an art form with forum post exchanges.

To get the best posts, you should give the best posts.

I routinely have a 3/10 exchange outlook. For every ten posts I make for an exchange, 3 are new topics.

I also stick with the main niche sections rather than the off-topic section.

I add a good profile with an avatar. I only add my signature link if I am invited to do so in the exchange.

And even they give me low-quality posts in return; I still ensure my posts are at their best because they will say something about you and who you are.

And other forum owners will notice it and want to conduct exchanges with you.

Where can you Request Forum Post Exchanges?​

There are many different forums where you can request post exchanges from.

You can request them on this forum on the Exchange Board.

You can also request forum post exchanges from Forum Promotion and The Admin Zone.

There are other admin forums out there for requesting them, too.

Yes, swops are fine, but they come with conditions. Only exchange when the subjects are similar. A content swop with a site selling socks isn’t going to have any content value on an SEO site.

The days of the more the merrier have long gone. Only swop with forums that have as good a domain authority or higher than your own. Also check the swop site for quality content. If the quality there is low you can’t expect anything better in return. If you’re writing a quality content article for a low quality site and getting rubbish in return, you’d be much better including your high quality content on your own site rather than someone else’s rubbish on your own. There are better ways of promotion than that.

If you’re able to write your own content you shouldn’t really need to rely on others and a link swop would be just as good, as in you mention my site and link to it in one of your articles and I’ll do the same for you.

Advertisement Placeholder
Post exchanges are a weird thing. I've done them for a years and they can be a good way of adding a bit more conversation but it also adds more inactive members who won't post at a later date.

I've had good post exchanges and bad. Nothing worse than somebody who joins a forum, does 5 rubbish posts which add nothing and then leaves haha

Post exchanges are a weird thing. I've done them for a years and they can be a good way of adding a bit more conversation but it also adds more inactive members who won't post at a later date.

I've had good post exchanges and bad. Nothing worse than somebody who joins a forum, does 5 rubbish posts which add nothing and then leaves haha
That's why when I am doing an exchange, I try to post a few topics that I hope continue after the partnership has ended. I want my content to be valuable.

Some exchanges are very useful and worthy. Some people do it simply to get going.

I have had some good friends through post exchange offers. Some of them are still around, some vanished when their forums didn't go well as planned.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds