Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Application or Selection?

Clarendon

Reputable member
Credits
How do you prefer to hire staff? By application or selection?

I've worked on sites that use both systems before and I prefer applications as it allows you to get a grasp on the applicant and see how well they respond to written questions.

I've also worked with the system of selection where active community members were offerred a role on the forums staff.

Which method do you use and prefer?

Advertisement Placeholder
I prefer application, although sometimes I may opt in for selection. I think both can be used, provided you know what you are doing.

Biggest advantage of application system is the fact you can find out more information. Selection system normally relies on gut feelings.

I don't select me as I want to give members the opportunity and the chance to apply and show that they are the best applicant. I go through the applications and decide who is best suited for the job based on the information that they have given me and their past behaviour on the forum. I like to give everyone a chance, if they want it.

Both really. :p If i see a member that i think would be good as a staff member, then i will ask them if they are interested. :p If someone was to contact me asking me if they cant work on a forum i own, then i would consider it too and check them out. :p

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds