Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Anyone using donation button on your websites?

xpl0iter

Mythical member
Website
www.coolfacts.in
Credits
Well I have been using it for quite a long time now!
And the good thing is I am earning. Every month something like 20 to 50 usd I am getting from this one website.

Mine is a youtube downloader website. I am planning to sell it because of the nature of the site.

IMHO if your site is a free useful one, all it takes is, putting up a donation button.
The donations will start to come!

Advertisement Placeholder
No I haven't- but I think it's a great idea if you say the money is going to something other than just plain hosting- maybe an upgrade or somethin?

If you have enough and useful content, you don't need to hesitate doing that!
I mean people will happily donate to you! But if you don't have enough useful content, this may backfire! :/

If you have enough and useful content, you don't need to hesitate doing that!
I mean people will happily donate to you! But if you don't have enough useful content, this may backfire! :/
I would like to get some opinions about my website to see what others think. Also, this is a great forum, and I think it would make a nice addition to the resources on my site.

I actually have a plan for a new site, and I did think that this could truly benefit it.
I've tried it before in the past, on a website that is still being used, and still getting a lot of hits - but is yet to recieve a single donation.

It's a good idea, I'm sure, I mean, I see it around the internet enough. I just need to find how to unlock it's power.

I put a donation button up once my site reached the 1 year mark, just to help out on hosting fees. It's actually pretty helpful. My site visitors are really generous. It's not exactly a way to "earn", but it does cover the hosting fees every month.

Never put a donation button, since I like to earn money on my own. I know the community would surely help out, but I'd try to create a sustainable money making system and donations is not what I want to focus on. Anyway, it's worth trying in the end

Never put a donation button, since I like to earn money on my own. I know the community would surely help out, but I'd try to create a sustainable money making system and donations is not what I want to focus on. Anyway, it's worth trying in the end
Definitely, its all worth trying. I had a website with a donate button which used to give more money than from the ads! :)

I was thinking of adding one once we get a tad more popular than just 3 members XD I have had several sites with 200+ active members, and made a cent off of ads, so I don't find them to helpful with revenue.

The donation button idea is really great, I didn't think about it until now! But my websites are in categories for which I don't think that somebody will donate: one of them is about flower wallpapers, and one is about online dating. What do you think? Will the donation buttons working for these type of websites?

The donation button idea is really great, I didn't think about it until now! But my websites are in categories for which I don't think that somebody will donate: one of them is about flower wallpapers, and one is about online dating. What do you think? Will the donation buttons working for these type of websites?

Well, I suppose you could put one on that wallpaper website if you've developed them, if not I doubt it would be right to do so. As for the dating one, I don't obviously know what you do on it but you could charge a monthly fee for memberships or a donation if you find our advice helpful or similar. Thats my thinking ^_^

I was thinking about the same thing but then again it would look unprofessional for my forum niche. I mean if my site were useful for something i would add a donation button but as my site is used for promotion and webmaster stuff the donation button does not belong there :)

Well, I suppose you could put one on that wallpaper website if you've developed them, if not I doubt it would be right to do so. As for the dating one, I don't obviously know what you do on it but you could charge a monthly fee for memberships or a donation if you find our advice helpful or similar. Thats my thinking ^_^
No, I didn't developed the images, all my images are from the internet - so I will not use the donation button, you're right, it's not fair :)
And my dating site is in fact a dating review site, so nether here I won't use the button :)
But the idea was great, anyway :) Maybe I will make an other niche site and i will use it in the future!

If ad sales are low or you don't get a lot of ad clicks from Adsense (or if you've been banned), then getting donations might be one of your best options for fiancing the site and generating income.

No, I don't. You need loads of traffic and to offer something free, so that users feel that they should repay you for what you are doing. At least this is my opinion on this donate button.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds