Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

XenForo Alternative host for Resource Manager

Al1

Recognized member
Website
eatsleepgamerepeat.net
Credits
I do t know if this is possible but:

My forum runs on a high performance server but has limited disk space.

Would it be possible for resources which are uploaded to be stored on separate hosting with unlimited disk space / bandwidth? So as to keep my primary host free to just host the forum software?

Advertisement Placeholder
Not by "default... but you can, if your provider has S3 equivalent service use that to store not only your attachments/images but more on it.
You can also do the same thing with NFS mounts... it's a tad bit slower, but it's not THAT bad if your server you are using for NFS mounts are local and using a private IP at high bandwidth.
The problem is... most of those are not "unlimited disk space/bandwidth (think you are thinking shared hosting there)... so you would have to basically get another dedicated server or VPS.... and as I said, if it's local to where your hosting currently and they have a private network internal you won't suffer bandwidth constraints.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds