Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Almost quit when it became too much?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Has there ever been a time where you almost quit your job because of stress or anxiety? The first time I worked the call center job I almost walked out. But one of the main bosses came up and reassured me and I got back to it. It was nerve-wracking at the time, but I got through it and I think I'm better on the phone now because of it. Anyway, have you ever felt like quitting your job, but stopped yourself?

Advertisement Placeholder
I quit my last job when it felt that the employer crossed his limit and asked too much of me. The job lasted only 17 days. Self-esteem is very important, if your self-esteem is hurt, you should immediately leave the job. Jobs can be found but once you lose your self-esteem, you cannot find it again.

I've two previous jobs I've worked on but it's not for being through so much stress or anxiety but because I had a better paying job. I will consider the amount of money I'm being paid on any job which is what would make me move whenever where I'm employed no longer suits me.

When the stress that you're getting from your work is too much and you're not in any way paid something that's commensurate to what you are being put through working for the company, I don't see any reason why you should be killing yourself working on that particular job because you will end up breaking down and the company is not even going to value your input. They will have you replaced as soon as possible.

When the stress that you're getting from your work is too much and you're not in any way paid something that's commensurate to what you are being put through working for the company, I don't see any reason why you should be killing yourself working on that particular job because you will end up breaking down and the company is not even going to value your input. They will have you replaced as soon as possible.

I would not put that much energy if I were not being paid well and it does not make sense to put effort on a job that does pay well. If you deserve to be paid well, then I think that you must know your self-worth. However, I do not think that quitting is the right option under any kind of circumstance.

I would not put that much energy if I were not being paid well and it does not make sense to put effort on a job that does pay well. If you deserve to be paid well, then I think that you must know your self-worth. However, I do not think that quitting is the right option under any kind of circumstance.

The most important thing is for you to have a very good alternative provision whenever you know that you cannot be able to cope up with any particular job that you are on that is not paying you well. Once your provision of an alternative is reliable, then you don't have any reason to still be on the job but to quit and move over to the alternative that pays you better.

A job is supposed to be fulfilling for someone who's doing it. The money which the person is paid need to be right, the time he works on the job perfect and the working condition manageable. All these will make it convenient to stay on working without thinking of quiting even with stress from the job. Remove anyone of these benefits, quitting will be the next thing in mind.

I quit my last job when it felt that the employer crossed his limit and asked too much of me. The job lasted only 17 days. Self-esteem is very important, if your self-esteem is hurt, you should immediately leave the job. Jobs can be found but once you lose your self-esteem, you cannot find it again.

The moment you are not respected where you are working and all your efforts are not being recognised and appreciated, there is no need for you to still be in that job. This is because there is always a chance of them making you a scapegoat for something that you did not commit. It's going to take a while before you can be able to prove yourself being innocent of what you have been accused for.

The moment you are not respected where you are working and all your efforts are not being recognised and appreciated, there is no need for you to still be in that job. This is because there is always a chance of them making you a scapegoat for something that you did not commit. It's going to take a while before you can be able to prove yourself being innocent of what you have been accused for.

Working in a certain kind of workplace is much more than working for money. There could be certain times when a company may never recognise your efforts or promote to the next level. On the other hand, business management should also consider this as well. They should recognise the talented workers in the business.

Working in a certain kind of workplace is much more than working for money. There could be certain times when a company may never recognise your efforts or promote to the next level. On the other hand, business management should also consider this as well. They should recognise the talented workers in the business.

For me, the money is always very important because the reason why I am going to be investing my time working for another person is always going to be justified with the amount of money that they are paying me for doing my job but that doesn't mean that I'm going to be disrespected in ways that I shouldn't be because I'm working for that company.

A job is supposed to be fulfilling for someone who's doing it. The money which the person is paid need to be right, the time he works on the job perfect and the working condition manageable. All these will make it convenient to stay on working without thinking of quiting even with stress from the job. Remove anyone of these benefits, quitting will be the next thing in mind.

Well, apart from all this, employers must not expect an employee to perform exceptionally well each and every day. Unfortunately, this is a kind of trend which I have seen in a few companies where they pressurise employees to perform well each and every day.

Well, apart from all this, employers must not expect an employee to perform exceptionally well each and every day. Unfortunately, this is a kind of trend which I have seen in a few companies where they pressurise employees to perform well each and every day.
Companies demand consistency from their workers. They are not interested in listening to the excuse of why you didn't deliver any day because you will not listen to any reason why they didn't pay your complete salary.

Has there ever been a time where you almost quit your job because of stress or anxiety? The first time I worked the call center job I almost walked out. But one of the main bosses came up and reassured me and I got back to it. It was nerve-wracking at the time, but I got through it and I think I'm better on the phone now because of it. Anyway, have you ever felt like quitting your job, but stopped yourself?

Stress is a normal experience when you are starting off on a new role or when the job is now bigger and that is not enough reason for me to consider quitting the job that I am doing. I will find a way to have some good rest each day from work as that is a better approach instead of quitting my job.

Companies demand consistency from their workers. They are not interested in listening to the excuse of why you didn't deliver any day because you will not listen to any reason why they didn't pay your complete salary.

Well, I can understand that completely. However, sometimes, certain kinds of companies just keep demanding more and more and they are never satisfied at all. This is also one of the main reasons why so many people quit their jobs as they cannot keep up with the demands.

Well, I can understand that completely. However, sometimes, certain kinds of companies just keep demanding more and more and they are never satisfied at all. This is also one of the main reasons why so many people quit their jobs as they cannot keep up with the demands.
Like I said, it's within their rights to put pressure on their workers to the extreme because they want to improve and maximise their output. For example, a companies which pays their workers $100, they will want their workers to make $1000 in return.

Like I said, it's within their rights to put pressure on their workers to the extreme because they want to improve and maximise their output. For example, a companies which pays their workers $100, they will want their workers to make $1000 in return.

Setting the bar high is a good plan for business owners. You want your staff to do more, you want them to do more than their best and I don't see anything wrong with having such approach unless you dont want your business to excel.

Yes, I almost quit because the stress became too overwhelming. But now, I'm happy to say that I persevered through those tough times. It wasn't easy, but I learned to manage the stress and found ways to make my situation better.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds