Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Adult Swim Severs Ties With ‘Rick And Morty’ Co-Creator Justin Roiland After Domestic Violence Charges; Voice Role Will Be Recast

Credits
Justin Roiland, co-creator, executive producer and star of Adult Swim’s flagship animated series Rick and Morty, is no longer in business with the Warner Bros Discovery brand on the heel of serious domestic violence allegations against him coming to light earlier this month.

“Adult Swim has ended its association with Justin Roiland,” a spokesperson said in a statement Tuesday.

Following Roiland’s exit, Rick and Morty will continue, with Rick, which had been voiced by Roiland, recast.

What are your thoughts on this news breaking?

Advertisement Placeholder
Honestly it doesn't surprise me, it's good seeing that the show will continue even without him though. I'm not much of a fan of the series, but it would have sucked to see it get canceled over that. The creators of the video game High On Life also cut ties with Justin, he voiced a few characters in the game if I'm not mistaken. He might have done other work, but I'm not a fan of the game. xD

Honestly it doesn't surprise me, it's good seeing that the show will continue even without him though. I'm not much of a fan of the series, but it would have sucked to see it get canceled over that. The creators of the video game High On Life also cut ties with Justin, he voiced a few characters in the game if I'm not mistaken. He might have done other work, but I'm not a fan of the game. xD
Not too shocked either. Also it seems that Hulu cut ties with him too now.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds