Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Admining

Advertisement Placeholder
  • First of all, he or she should be able to get along with people. A short-tempered person cannot be a good admin imo.
  • The admin should be familiar with the niche
  • S/he must have good experience in website maintainance.
  • Admin must be good at at editing codes or adding stuffs like that(or you could recruit a staff for doing these kind of works)
There are the stuffs I can think of right now!

• First of all, he or she should be able to get along with people. A short-tempered person cannot be a good admin imo.
I disagree. I'm really short-tempered, yet I do best as an admin or other high ranked staff member. My point is that everything can be controlled if wanted, specially on the internet where you've got time to think about what you'll respond - heck, you can be entirely different person.

Anyway, my list of things would have to be:
  • Knowledgeable in the website's niche
  • Know their way around the software they're using
  • Able to speak language the website is in fluently
  • Have time and possibly money to invest into the project
  • Open-mind, because dictators aren't well received on the internet
  • Have at least minimal experience in web-design or web-development
  • Should be an adult (18+)

you can be entirely different person.
My point was this: admins should be able to get along with people, so if you're not being short tempered on internet with your fellow members, then thats awesome. Thats what an admin needs.

Believe me, I have met people who are short tempered in online life. Well, you can also see those kind of people in the security related niche! :p Or IRC chat rooms!

You know xpl0iter - In all my experience I have never seen anyone write ^ but it would make sense to rather than writing he/she. :)

On topic:

I agree with xpl0iter on this one that they should have the ability to get on with people. Andraž Rihtar - I'm not saying that people with short tempers can't run forums, I just believe that they would struggle to run a larger forum with loads of activity. :)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds