Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Adblock & Other Ad-Blocking Addons

Maximum1

Credits
How do you feel about people using Adblock & Other Ad-Blocking Addons on your website, blog, or forum.

Personally I don't really mind it since I don't use ad's on my websites.

Advertisement Placeholder
I don't use any sort of ads on my websites nor do I ever really plan on having ads. I don't see them being a big enough payment to even bother with them, nor do I see my website as being a business, more of something I enjoy, so someone using Adblock on my website would be perfectly fine with me. I am always using Adblock myself, with it never been disabled. Currently on chrome alone I have blocked a little over 200,000 ads with near enough the same count on 2 or 3 different browsers.

I personally find Adblock is great, just think of how much data ads actually use out of your internet. Although you may not run out of data, some providers may even slow your internet down if you use too much. I know an old provider I used in the passed did that. Especially on mobiles, the amount of internet data mobile ads use up on your phone is just horrendous! No wonder we always run out of mobile internet data, I downloaded a VPN/Adblock on my mobile to redirect any ads out of my face, so far in just a week it has blocked over 12,000 ads which has saved me from using up a little over 1.4 Gig in internet data!

Now imagine if you was paying depending on how much internet you used up monthly on your phone. Ads are just going to sky rocket that price straight through the roof.

I use adblock the majority of the time. I know I am preventing webmasters from taking in as much revenue as they could be, but I don't feel like it is an issue when I'm just lurking. For websites that I actively contribute to and enjoy visiting, I turn off my adblock so the webmaster can generate revenue and keep the website running.

I don't use ads so it doesn't concern me. I use it personally, because of the youtube ads and other sites overuse of ads. It is good but damaging to some sites, but as John said, it's a personal thing. If you want to use it use it.

I always use it. While it's true that it could cost someone else money, but I still hate ads to no end. I really can't stand ads at all. If I really like the site, I'll buy premium membership and reward the site owner more than I'd ever get by being annoyed by ads.

I don't have a problem with people using adblockers as I use them myself, I do run ads on my site but only for guests. Sites I use regularly I whitelist in the adblocker.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds