Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Active Members - How do "you" get them?

Maximum1

Credits
Basically the point of this thread is to share your way of getting active members to your forum.

My way is to host contests and to mass-advertise on a variety of forums and blogs that allow it.

Advertisement Placeholder
People I know IRL are the best. Most people online already have a forum to be active on, so you have to attempt to draw them away from the forum they're already active on. People IRL generally do not have a forum that they're active on, so you do not have to pull them away from their already preferred forum.

I think content and the general feeling of your forum is key to get active members. Without a reason to come back, people just wont come back :D

To get active members I think one way is contests running every month and second way would be exchanging credits to gift cards.

I share my forum with my friends and usually my friends tend to be the active members of my forum. Apart from my friends, people found my forum through myself advertising on promotion forums and they were really impressed so they decided to stay active.

I usually just promote my forum on promotional forums and the occasional member turns into a active member.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds