Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

|||||

Advertisement Placeholder
The way I see it, we are all human, we are all equal and we should be treated as such. We need to stop living in a hierarchical society.

Agree with what you said. However, I've met so many people who said similar things, yet they themselves don't really live up to those ideals. It's a very politically-correct statement, but there is an underlying truth inside of it- acknowledging equality means it's ok for people to have their opinions on race. If a person thinks that they are superior to me because of race, I have to accept that as their opinion. If I can demonstrate tolerance of their opinion and a chance for them to explain their reasoning, then I can come closer to understanding the root of their belief. And if I can show them some form of understanding, then maaaayyyybe they can begin to rethink their concept of superiority.

Because of that, I'd rather a racist person feel free to have an open dialogue with me. That's the only way the perceived hierarchy can be deconstructed.

I agree with ya. People should be comfortable being open about everything.

A lot of people these days are anti-political correctness. If they aren't obvious about it, they are at least passionate about it behind closed doors. No one likes to walk on egg shells around people.

A lot of people these days are anti-political correctness. If they aren't obvious about it, they are at least passionate about it behind closed doors. No one likes to walk on egg shells around people.

People aren't into political correctness only when it doesn't benefit them.

Think of it this way, values don't matter anymore. It's survival of the fittest, get the most benefits as one can, get out of my way, etc. etc. That's capitalism in a nutshell and it's always been that way. The only reason racism exists is to benefit minorities. Do you ever see whites say racism when they feel they are being wronged?

Think of it this way, values don't matter anymore. It's survival of the fittest, get the most benefits as one can, get out of my way, etc. etc. That's capitalism in a nutshell and it's always been that way. The only reason racism exists is to benefit minorities. Do you ever see whites say racism when they feel they are being wronged?

It's not as much survival of the fittest as it is just basic survival.

Having manners and/or principles are a thing of the past. Everyone pretty much says what they want.

Having manners and/or principles are a thing of the past. Everyone pretty much says what they want.

Very true. That's my grandfather used to say and I think people need to get back to having good manners and principles. At the very least, people need to be respectful.

Not really sure if I agree with the OP. Myself, I have taught school in Asia and was blasted with insults upon my return (mostly backwoods punks, mostly kids, but surprisingly some adults). Anyway, I don't believe in being "too sensitive", but then again, the attacks, unprovoked in my case, are especially rude. Anyway, there are even more stories on this front, as apparently anyone with even moderately favorable views of blacks, are also treated the same way.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds