Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Admin & Webmaster Starting a new forum in 2023

I will say it is probably a very bad idea to do a forum in 2023 IMO. It will take time, dedication, and a hell of a lot of patience. It's not like it used to be 15 years ago or so anymore. The Internet has changed A LOT since those days.

I am only doing it one final time as I am choosing to. I don't expect success overnight or for anyone to join my forum since it's niche/genre is so over done as it is. I am hoping to make good threads and other stuff for my forum so people would maybe consider joining it.

I would highly suggest requesting post packages, and maybe even doing post exchanges.

I will say it is probably a very bad idea to do a forum in 2023 IMO. It will take time, dedication, and a hell of a lot of patience. It's not like it used to be 15 years ago or so anymore. The Internet has changed A LOT since those days.

I am only doing it one final time as I am choosing to. I don't expect success overnight or for anyone to join my forum since it's niche/genre is so over done as it is. I am hoping to make good threads and other stuff for my forum so people would maybe consider joining it.

I would highly suggest requesting post packages, and maybe even doing post exchanges.
Starting a forum in 2023 is certainly a challenge, as the internet has become a very crowded and competitive space. However, it is not impossible to succeed with a forum if you are dedicated and patient.

One way to increase the visibility of your forum is to request post packages and participate in post exchanges with other forums. This can help to build links and drive traffic to your site.

Another important factor for the success of a forum is creating high-quality content that is of value to your target audience. By focusing on creating good threads and other resources that are of interest to your users, you can encourage them to engage with your forum and potentially attract new members.

Ultimately, the key to success with a forum is to be persistent and continue to work on it even if you don't see immediate results. With time and effort, you may be able to build a thriving community around your forum.

Starting a forum in 2023 is certainly a challenge, as the internet has become a very crowded and competitive space. However, it is not impossible to succeed with a forum if you are dedicated and patient.

One way to increase the visibility of your forum is to request post packages and participate in post exchanges with other forums. This can help to build links and drive traffic to your site.

Another important factor for the success of a forum is creating high-quality content that is of value to your target audience. By focusing on creating good threads and other resources that are of interest to your users, you can encourage them to engage with your forum and potentially attract new members.

Ultimately, the key to success with a forum is to be persistent and continue to work on it even if you don't see immediate results. With time and effort, you may be able to build a thriving community around your forum.
I agree. I think not giving up so easily would be the best thing to do. I felt like on my last forum I was just expecting too much. I ended up just closing it in the end but plan to stick it out with this new one. Making quality content threads and doing post packages is my plan. Same with post exchanges.

All good suggestions and advice here.

Aerodynamic posted a new comment on the Article Starting a new forum in 2023

I am relatively new to forum. I have 3 years experience in forum posting. How much will it cost to create a forum and how much can I make in month if it's monetized.
Hi Yohanna,

You can start off with a free forum, either self hosted or with a free forum hosting company. There are no monetization methods available though. What would you like to do? Do you have some kind of plan or project in mind?

It definitely isn't like it used to be that is for sure. I am hoping to open a forum within the next few weeks but I know that there are risks and also that it is going to take a lot of time and dedication as well. I at the moment co-own a forum and as much as we are working hard to bring in the activity, it's not as easy as it used to be the last time I owned a forum was in 2017 before I had to close it so in those 5 years I know so much has changed. It's going to be nice to get back into it though and a challenge for me starting in 2023!

I really don't work as hard on my forum as I probably should. I could do a lot more to attract members and keep them posting, but being a resource board, I've mainly always focused on the resources. Since I hide the resources from guests, I receive a pretty consistent amount of registrations. Sometimes it feels like I receive more registrations than posts. I've never been too good at performing contests and I'm usually clueless about what type of new topics I could post, so I just stay focused on the primary aspect of the forum. It's definitely a challenge in this day and age to create a successful forum that thrives with activity, but it's still doable.

I'll be starting a new roleplay forum, probably in the second quarter of 2023, I have *so* much to do between now and then... more details as and when.

DigNap15 posted a new comment on the Article Starting a new forum in 2023

Surely you have it wrong way round.
To start a forum first decide on your niche
No - don't just start a forum for the sake of it (they are no longer a way to make money

Start a forum in a niche that you are passionate about, and in a niche where you think there are no current forums, or that they could be better!

Sure one can argue that there's a forum for every single niche that you can think of... However, if you have the thrive and will to create a community in 2023 then you should go for it! If it's a niche you are passionate about, even if you think it's been done x amount of times, think of ways to make your community unique. What can you offer to potential members that your competition isn't doing? What knowledge can you share with your community that someone else might not be able to?

Coming up with the right niche for you is important. I feel as though this niche must be super important for you as an admin. Analyze why you want this! It helps drive you and your forum to great heights.

Definitely agree that it is okay if your forum is not the only forum in that niche, but think about what those forums don’t have that you could provide. What could make yours special! You have to think a bit out of the box, especially in todays forum climate.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 20 80.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds