Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

IPv6 - Here it is 11 years later

Website
astrowhat.com
Credits
And there are still ISP's here in the United States that are not supporting it. There are even parts of the backbone that still don't handle it well a decade later.
But, the "real" question is... does your site support IPv6?

Realize that many ISP's have limited IPv4 ability, and many are now only using IPv6 for their customers.
Yes, there are ways to work around that ,especially when using CloudFlare, but why not support it natively if your hosting provider issues you an IPv6 range?

Advertisement Placeholder
According to my XF dashboard, yes, my site does support ipv6. :)
If you are using the SaaS offering from XF... it should.
I've helped quite a few admins out recently that are on VPS's that have IPv6 for their offering... but hey aren't utilizing it.
I just don't understand why one would not utilize as many "benefits" as possible.

If you are using the SaaS offering from XF... it should.
I've helped quite a few admins out recently that are on VPS's that have IPv6 for their offering... but hey aren't utilizing it.
I just don't understand why one would not utilize as many "benefits" as possible.
Nah, I'm on a VPS (temporarily on DO till our finalized LLC is read over by the new host), which will be providing a couple years credits for us.

I hit the PHP Version number (ACP main page under "server environment report") and it loads up a PHPinfo
That simply means that PHP is compiled with IPv6 support... not that it is active on your setup.
To confirm, you can use somewhere like this
https://iplocation.io/ipv6-compatibility-checker
Frequently if you are using CloudFlare, you site will be IPv6 reachable (with IPv4 conversion at their layer) if you have IPv6 enabled in CF.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds