Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

As a webmaster, are you greedy?

Credits
Before you jump to conclusions, let me clarify what I mean by this term. Being greedy, in the context of forum ownership, doesn't imply an unhealthy obsession or selfish motives. Instead, it's about having an insatiable hunger for excellence, aspiring to be the best, and striving to offer everything possible for our beloved community of members.

As forum owners, we invest countless hours of hard work, dedication, and love into crafting and making our platforms better than yesterday. It's only natural to be driven by a desire to see our forums flourish and thrive. This kind of "greed" isn't about material gain or selfishness; it's about pushing the boundaries of what our forums can achieve and continuously seeking opportunities for growth and improvement.

We try to create an environment that stands out from the crowd, one that leaves a lasting impression on our members. Our hunger for success comes from a genuine passion to provide a unique and enriching experience for everyone who becomes a part of our community. We strive to offer the best features, the most engaging content, and the most supportive atmosphere to create meaningful interactions among our members.

However, let's remember that being "greedy" in this context isn't a call for reckless ambition or compromising the well-being of our community. Instead, it's about channeling our passion into responsible and sustainable growth. We must be cautious not to overextend ourselves (think: burnout) or neglect the needs and feedback of our valued members.

To be truly successful as forum owners, we need to strike a delicate balance. (See The balance between real life and managing an online community) We can be ambitious in our goals and relentless in our pursuit of greatness, all while remaining attentive and receptive to the input of our community. Open communication, regular feedback loops, and a willingness to adapt and evolve are essential aspects of successful forum ownership.

Now, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this matter. How do you interpret the idea of being "greedy" as a forum owner? What steps do you take to balance your ambition for greatness with the well-being of your members? Share your experiences, insights, and opinions below, and let's engage in a meaningful discussion that enriches us all as passionate forum owners. ;)

Advertisement Placeholder
I don't feel like I'm very forum "greedy" due to not always striving to create new skins, content, and ideas for the forum. I let it run itself most of the time. I tend to think if my forum has a reasonable number of daily logins then it is somewhat of a success since I imagine people are there for the resources which is the main focus of my board. I use to be very forum "greedy"/competitive to try and come out to be the top dog of all resource boards across the platform, but that was mainly me wanting to be something more than what I was IRL.

Since there are tons of general discussion forums out there, I just try to do things a little differently than the competition and see what works. I try to add as much content as possible, and new sections when my members want to see changes. I always listen to my members, your community needs to change over time because nothing in life stays the same.

I wouldn't call it greedy however I am ambitious and always strive to be the best. It's just a personality trait of mine that translates into anything I do. Having said that, I don't go crazy and spend every minute of the day burning myself out creating content or doing whatever it takes to beat the competition etc. I take it at a steady pace as it's meant to be enjoyable after all!

Interesting take on the term "greedy" for forums. I do agree with the need for a balance. Forums can be addicting. I think that would be the term I'd use more. Whether it'd be posting on other forums or taking care of your own. Before you know it, time has flown, your back aches & you have a headache due to being so focused. Come on, I can't be the only one who overdoes it at times lol

Interesting take on the term "greedy" for forums. I do agree with the need for a balance. Forums can be addicting. I think that would be the term I'd use more. Whether it'd be posting on other forums or taking care of your own. Before you know it, time has flown, your back aches & you have a headache due to being so focused. Come on, I can't be the only one who overdoes it at times lol
Yep, I feel you. Time passes, it's not even fun, lol.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds