Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What inspired you to start your own forum?

Advertisement Placeholder
First successful forum: At the time Harvest Moon forums were just starting to shudder down, so thought I'd try to take a stab at it. A lot of people were just either losing interest, or just got busy with real life, etc...

I was on HMOtaku since I was a junior or so in HS, and it hurt to see that site and forum close. I figured others from HMO and other HM forums shutting down would come to mine. Some people did, but then like HMO everyone stopped posting and being as active. Also I recall my co-admin at the time wanted to call it quits, so I did too. I felt like it was for the best to do so. I focused on my real life and working.

I admire coding and helping people online with subjects I am knowledgeable in, so once the end of ZetaBoards came I had nowhere else to turn but a new forum software, and being most similar to InvisionFree/ZetaBoards, I went with Jcink. I didn't want to pay for software since I treat my forum mostly as a hobby and I do not monetize it in any way.

I blame a thread about

Screenshots/Memories From the Past​

and this was my comment :)
ForumRace was born 2023-11-24 - 19-11-20.jpg

I started posting on paid forums in 2015 and was very active on multiple forums. Since I enjoyed posting on forums, I decided to create a forum. The first forum I created was a forum for my multi author blogging site. The Forum was specifically for the writers who published in my blog.

When I started building communities on social media, I began to toy with an idea about creating a community that I have full control and that I own. That's how I ended up creating my own forum.

I started with a small group of online acquaintances on Yahoo Groups, where the owner went missing.

Started slowly building a small community almost as an accident.

I started out on a forum myself back in around 2003 when I was searching for a solution for something. I became an active member on the technology forum and even got a staff spot after a while of being active.

One of the lead moderators was never too keen on me for some reason, she did everything she could to get me penalized and lose my moderator job and succeeded, we later found out she was seeing the owner of the forum and was jealous of any other women on the staff position.

After I was banned without reason from there, I decided to try my hand at building my own community and that is how it started.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds