Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Twitter is officially X.com now

cpvr

Renowned member
Website
www.virtualpetlist.com
Credits

Twitter is officially X.com now​

/

The social network formerly known as Twitter has switched over to X.com.​

The social network formerly known as Twitter has officially adopted X.com for all its core systems. That means typing twitter.com in your browser will now redirect to Elon Musk’s favored domain, or should. At the time of publication, we’re seeing a mix of results depending upon browser choice and whether you’re logged in or not.
A message also now appears at the bottom of the X login page that reads, “We are letting you know that we are changing our URL, but your privacy and data protection settings remain the same.”
The domain transition has been one of the more awkward aspects of Elon Musk’s move to rebrand the company. Although many aspects of X migrated to the new branding long ago — including its official account, its mobile apps, and its “X Premium” (fka Blue) subscriptions — the platform’s URLs have remained twitter.comever since Musk officially initiated the switch to X.
The URLs started to change way back in August of last year, when some Verge staffers were able to copy x.com links from the share sheet inside X’s iOS app. The clumsy transition has been a gift to phishing attacks, said Brian Krebslast month.

https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1791351500217754008?s=46&t=-3RfDsz97MxZ3hqF7LFYiQ

Advertisement Placeholder
There were pretty much 20 years of history with the name of Twitter. Old links, and embeds everywhere are now all broken. There was a lot of brand history and social wealth built with the name Twitter. All that is gone and replaced by what exactly? It's like having a cultural identity of Xerox and destroying it by naming it Bob or something dumb.

I'm not defending Twitter, as it was filled with garbage but, having so much brand identity and simply tossing it in a fire is a stable genius move.

Twitter had too much baggage with it, was always a cess pool. Its name only evoked negative thoughts, but it isn't like it is much different now anyway so the new branding will be tarnished.
It's kind of hard to polish a turd.
Twitter/X is one thing that I never got into. It takes a lot more than 240 characters for me to generally espouse my thoughts... just ask anyone that has read some of my diatribes.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds