Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Google To Target Overly SEO'ed Websites

xpl0iter

Mythical member
Website
www.coolfacts.in
Credits
Google's head of search spam, Matt Cutts, announced as a side note during his panel at SXSW that Google is releasing an algorithm update specifically to target sites over doing their SEO

Read the entire news here: http://www.seroundtable.com/google-over-seo-update-14887.html

In my opinion this is a good thing to do. People come to websites to read/experience content, not to see the SEO.

Advertisement Placeholder
i must admit with my forums i have never got into SEO - and yet managed to get some good results just from content including 10 seconds in the number one position when amy whinehouse died as one of my members was first as a thread title with what became a common search phrase (incidentally this is not the dream scenario you think it is - a host server that is used to your site having 40 people a minute does not respond well to a couple of hundred a second)

i think if you have good content and are active you will climb search engines naturally and dont have to worry about changes to the algorithms too much

A good move by Google, I know several people who are way too focused on SEO and go overboard tying to optimize, it is really annoying, lol. Does make sense though, more focused SEO sounds like a good idea.

SEO is important but its not everything..though with this my site won't be so much affected :D

If your content has more than 5 percetprimary and secondary keywords, that would be considered keyword stuffing and it is a bad practice. For a content to rank well, it should be readable for humans as well.

Smart move, some site are using this seo of a thing to play some silly jokes. I noticed it when I search an item I wanted purchase and to my surprise a newly spam site ranked in the top result.

Google frequently releases updates that brings down a lot of low quality websites and websites with black hat SEO. It is not a new thing. Google search algorithm updates only targets websites that do not have valuable content.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 1)

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds