Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Your SEO knowledge on a scale of 1-10

Cedric

Captain Junkie
Administrator
Credits
How confident are you in your SEO knowledge? On a scale of 1-10, where would you rate yourself? As webmasters, we know the importance of search engine optimization, but it can be a challenging and ever-changing field. Some of us might consider ourselves SEO experts, while others may feel like they have a lot to learn.

So, where do you stand? Have you spent countless hours studying SEO and implementing strategies for your website? Or do you feel like you're just scratching the surface? Perhaps you've had some success with SEO in the past, but with the constant updates and algorithm changes from search engines, it's tough to keep up.

Whatever your experience level may be, we want to hear from you. Join the discussion and share your thoughts on where you would rate your SEO knowledge on a scale of 1-10. Let's see how we all stack up and learn from each other in the process!

I would say that mine is about a 5-6 with what I know and understand, I do feel that I could learn a lot more when it comes to SEO as I feel there is so much I still need to know but I pretty much know the basics and what is frowned up on by search engines.

I've long thought the whole thing was a horrible, nasty arms race. We can't all be number 1 on Google, no matter what the SEO 'experts' tell us is achievable.

The main issue is that you're playing a game where you can't possibly know the rules. There are some rules that are obvious and have been forever, and there are some knobs and levers that can be fiddled with where it's basically impossible to know if you're having any actual effect.

Yes, you can use Google Analytics to track where people are coming from, how they're getting there, the journey they go on, etc. but honestly... you're getting an insight that Google allows you to have, and that is firmly in their interests to weaponise against you. I would not be surprised if it turned out that setting up campaigns and source tracking in GA, and then paying for ads actually boosted traffic more than just paying for ads would, on the basis that it's in Google's interest to not only deliver you traffic for your ads, but give you a metric that your ads are delivering you something. It wouldn't even take much for the dial to move, confirmation bias will do the rest.

What is clear, however, is that different sectors, different niches respond differently to SEO - and that forums in general have a harder time of it because 'user generated content' is blanket penalised by Google in particular.

Given this, how do I rate myself? Happily, somewhere south of 4 on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the best. I don't know enough any more, and honestly, I'm not sure I want to - because I'm not sure what price I'd have to pay to learn enough to be meaningful, given that none of the search vendors are in any way predisposed to tell you anything truly meaningful, because none of them want to return to the bad old days of black hat SEO being the norm. None of them are going to tell you how to game their system, even temporarily, unless they have to.

I'm somewhat embarrassed to say that my knowledge of SEO is unfortunately at a 1 or a 2. I've never really fully grasped the whole concept of SEO, I really need to buckle down and try to get a good understanding of it. I know that posting your sites on many different places will help bring in traffic and I think that helps with backlinks but I'm not entirely sure. :V I've owned a few different forums throughout the past 13 or 14 years and I never properly took the time to learn... :\

I am in digital marketing field since 2004 but according to me no one can say that i am at level of 8 to 10 because in SEO you have to learn on regular basis for example few times before link building services were directory submission, social bookmarking, article submission etc. but now guest posting, influencer marketing, skyscraper, broken link building, HARO and many more techniques added to get high quality backlinks and we have to update with all techniques on regular basis .... So i can say myself as in mid of 6-8.

Back in the day I probably would have said a 7-8. There were less things. I can tell now I'm probably at like a 2. lol.

Given today's world, it might be 3. It's been a long time since I've messed with the stuff. Anyhow, though, I do get the gist that quality content brings in the right links, the ones that visitors create, not ones you made to game the system.

Probably a 3 or less. I know some things but a lot of what I did know is likely outdated now since I've not kept up to date with SEO in at least 5 years or more! And truth is, I hate it and the whole idea of it 😅

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor