Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why your online community is like a beautiful woman

Screenshot_46.png
Everyone knows how fond I am talking about a community but have you ever thought of your online community as a beautiful woman? You might be surprised to find out that they share some similarities. It's also a bit of a relationship advice at the same time. ;)

"You're not doing it right if you don't have a couple of haters."

Treat her well and you will be rewarded

Listen up, folks! Just like a beautiful woman, your online community craves some TLC. It wants to be respected, appreciated, and heard. That's right, you gotta give it ongoing attention and make your members feel valued.

Take the long-term approach to community development, and you'll be on your way to success. Neglect it, and you're in for a nasty breakup. Trust me, just like neglecting your partner leads to a traumatic end, neglecting your community will lead to a swift and painful goodbye. So, treat your online community right and watch it flourish!

Keep her interested

Let's be real, being dull and boring won't cut it in a relationship. If you want to keep her attention, you gotta spice things up! It's time to experiment, my friends. Don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone every once in a while. Keep an open mind and you never know what kind of rewards you might reap. But be careful, don't let the relationship turn stale. If it does, don't fret, you can always kick it back into gear!

Beauty has to be seen to be appreciated

So she is the most beautiful woman in the world, but if nobody can see that beauty, it’s wasted. You've got the most stunning website, but what's the point if no one can see it? You gotta make sure your site looks good, but don't obsess over every little detail just yet. Get yourself an appreciative audience first.

Design your site to be usable, memorable, and one-of-a-kind. Then, go out and find people who will appreciate its beauty! Trust me, you don't want your site to go unnoticed like a hidden gem. Show it off to the world and watch it shine like the beauty it is!

Being beautiful doesn’t make you popular

Just because a woman is a total smoke show doesn't automatically make her popular. Sure, being beautiful is a great advantage, but it's not everything. Same goes for your community. If all you've got is a pretty face, you're not gonna find yourself in a happy relationship with your members.

What you need are some true-blue friends! Get yourself a good bunch of loyal and friendly members for your community, and watch it skyrocket in popularity. Trust me, having a strong and supportive squad is worth more than superficial beauty any day. So, don't just focus on the looks, build meaningful connections with your members and your community will be the belle of the ball!

Beauty is not a substitute for personality

Beauty may attract attention, but it's not gonna keep it for long. Just like a beautiful woman without a personality is a major bummer, a community without a unique personality is gonna be a total letdown.

So, make sure your online community has its own unique vibe that attracts and retains members. It's crucial to stand out from the competition and draw in new folks. Trust me, being beautiful isn't everything. You gotta have substance. Build up your community's personality and watch it shine brighter than any beauty queen.

You will not always get along

No matter how beautiful she is, you're gonna argue sometimes. It's normal in any relationship, even with your online community!

Sure, there'll be times when you're feeling frustrated, struggling to attract new members or get them to engage. But don't throw in the towel just yet! Keep on truckin' and you'll soon see the fruits of your labor.

Now, every once in a while, you might even have a spat with a member or two (although it's best to avoid getting personal). But hey, take a deep breath and keep your cool. Remember why you fell in love with your community in the first place and all the positive things it brings to your life. A little disagreement isn't gonna ruin a good thing!

You will have to deal with jealousy

As your community expands, you might encounter some haters who just can't handle your success. Maybe they got kicked out of your community and are now trying to start their own, but it's just not taking off like yours. Get ready for some serious jealousy!

Just like when people see a drop-dead gorgeous person who's already taken, those bitter members or competitors might get envious of your thriving community. But hey, don't let their jealousy bring you down - just keep doing what you're doing and let the haters hate! You're not doing it right if you don't have a couple of haters.

Your thoughts

This snippet could have been called "Your online community is like a handsome hunk", but as a guy myself, I thought a beautiful woman would be a more inspiring image to have in mind as I wrote this piece!

But let's get to the point: I'd love to hear your thoughts on this. What do you think about the comparison between online communities and beautiful women? Share your ideas with me by dropping a comment below!

I love this article! Everything from the headline to the end paragraph about the handsome hunk! Comparing online communities to those we're attracted to really hits home and especially how we treat that adored one. Well done.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor