Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why are more people living to 100?

Advertisement Placeholder
My great-grandmother is in her 90s and she is in decent shape for how old she is.

Advances in health and medication are surely one of many factors people may grow older.

I've heard from multiple sources that women usually outlive men, but I've never really done much research on the subject.

I don't think I'll live to be that old due to poor mental health conditions most of my life and the kind of crappy food I often eat. Not to mention, I don't exercise often and let my two physical jobs be my main source of exercise.

My great-grandmother is in her 90s and she is in decent shape for how old she is.

Advances in health and medication are surely one of many factors people may grow older.

I've heard from multiple sources that women usually outlive men, but I've never really done much research on the subject.

I don't think I'll live to be that old due to poor mental health conditions most of my life and the kind of crappy food I often eat. Not to mention, I don't exercise often and let my two physical jobs be my main source of exercise.
Yeah, but how physical are the jobs?

It's worth noting that the average life expectancy hasn't changed much, and in fact has gone down for some countries. You have people who take good care of themselves and avail themselves to modern medicine who will live longer, and then you have those who don't take care of themselves and put off going to the doctor whose lives get cut short.

Yeah, but how physical are the jobs?
Not super physical, but physical enough to keep me from being obese. For the most part, I'm on my legs constantly on both jobs, I have to lift heavy objects from time to time, and I have to stoop constantly. I have one day a week that's more physical than the rest, which is the truck day where we have to unload the truck and stock most of it all in one night. I work at a medium-sized store and we only get one truck a week.

Some are saying it's the new 70, but I don't know if I want to accept that yet. :sneaky: Well, I think medical advances are making it more prevalent, but I don't think I would find real stats saying a significant amount of people are becoming 100 or above. Am I wrong?
You're not wrong. Better healthcare and medical science is making it to where people live longer in the US, Canada, and several European countries.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 75.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds